Return to Website

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event docs etc at TGO Challenge Resources page 
TGOC13 SPOT Tracker map (courtesy of Adventure Trading Post)
Queries? Contact the co-ordinator

Forum: The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Supermarket food?

Most of what people have already said plus Ainsley Harriot cup a soups and John West 85g sachets tuna with lime and pepper, eaten with packet lemon and coriander couscous. One packet of couscous and a tuna sachet does me 2 meals, but then I don't eat very much.

Also Manchego cheese, very hard, made from ewes milk and keeps well. I do my own dehydrating and I find that stews with lentils or beans, with or without meat, and lots of garlic or chilli or both dry easily and reconstitute without too much fuss as long as it is rubbed small when dried. I store the dried food in weighed out small sandwich bags within a bigger freezer bag in the freezer so it's not hanging around in warm moist air for months at a time.

In one of the huts on the Laugavegur trek in Iceland, we were offered dried fish with masses of butter on it, as an Icelandic trekking speciality. We returned the favour with shots of Laphroaig. We didn't share much language and we were all very polite but we had the distinct impression that they thought as much of the Laphroaig as we did of the dried fish with butter.

Email  
Re: Supermarket food? - by Frederic - Mar 21, 2012 8:50am
Re: Supermarket food? - by Vanessa - Mar 21, 2012 10:17am
Re: Supermarket food? - by Gordon Green - Mar 21, 2012 11:45am
Re: Supermarket food? - by Carl Mynott (Loc... - Mar 21, 2012 2:30pm
Re: Supermarket food? - by Andrew Walker - Mar 21, 2012 4:24pm
Re: Supermarket food? - by Gordon Green - Mar 21, 2012 4:42pm
Re: Supermarket food? - by Jean - Mar 21, 2012 7:08pm
Re: Supermarket food? - by Derek Goffin - Mar 21, 2012 10:52pm
Re: Supermarket food? - by John J - Mar 22, 2012 1:13pm