​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: crossing Lagan dam

Thanks Louise for the quick response! I did see a picture. But I never saw the words to the effoct of 'people prohibited'.

And thanks for the reference. It makes me feel strange to see them going in the opposite direction to me. But I know they were an odd lot, although 'dear' as you say. AND I suppose North or South are pretty much the same when you are travelling east!

PaulM

No problem Paul, always happy to (try) to help!
Yeah, the spiky bits in the big metal gates make access look at best unpleasant... https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5435843 😅
It is always very odd to meet a Challenger going "the wrong way" 🤣🤣
Also, just for information (although probably not required) I'm not sure that the Tulloch Station Hostel is still operating as a bunkhouse.
Happy planning!

Hi Paul,

In 2011 Hein Hogerhuis and me faced more or less the same question. We came on a very wet day down from our camp near the Burn of Agie and took the route South over the bealach at Tom Mor. We made our way along Allt a Chaorainn. Then turn west along a good forest track to NN 399 828, where we found the track extended to a fence with a gate. We passed quit easily between Lochan na Caillache and Creag Mhore. And reached the parking place just NE of Moy and on to Luiblea with no trouble.

So if you're coming from Tulloch station you could shorten your road walk to Roughburn and pick up the forest track from there.

Just a thought, no guarantees. But we enjoyed it, even in the rain.

regards

Rolf

P.s.

The view down to Luiblea in 2011
the road and Moy just hidden from sight

Thanks Rolf for this information.

This is exactly what I'll be doing for my FWA. So confirmation about that the forest track is good is very helpful. probably better to stay on the N of Spean until Moy. There i join my regular route which is helful.

cheers

Paul

PS After seeng the photo I feel quite ready to go!

Hi Paul,

thx, enjoy.

Rolf