​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vegan Meal Options in Kingussie?

Hi Jenny,

McInnes House Hotel does at least a vegan burger and normally a couple of veggie things that can be modified to be vegan. You might need to book a table there if you're not staying with them.

Cafe Bistro will sort something for you if you contact them ahead of time (they'd very likely put something together for you anyway but they'd prefer a bit of notice). Their lunch menu has baked potatoes that you could get with a vegan topping.

G's Pizza Box comes round on Fridays (currently) and will do you a vegan pizza, but he has an ordering system (in general, not just for vegan stuff) where you message him earlier in the day and he gives you a time to come pick it up.

The Sugarbowl isn't open in the evening but it does a vegan hummus + veg sandwich at lunch.

Sorry it's all a bit awkward but hopefully you can find something! There is also a chinese takeaway.

Thank you ever so much Innes, that’s really helpful info, looks like I can get sorted easily enough. Shame I’ll miss the pizza on Friday, I’m there Thursday!!
I’m very grateful to you.

Hi
Sorry, I can't help with Kingussie, but, if you're passing through Fort William, it has a great vegan café on the High St. The wildcat, just a short walk along from the underpass to the train and bus stations. It's my favourite place to eat in FW and I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian.
Vanessa

Thanks Vanessa, good info to note on my “Useful Info” page
Jenny