​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pat Robertson

Some sad news - Pat Robertson died last week. Pat completed 11 crossing between 1994 and 2017. We have fond memories of her wit - and ever changing hair colour! She was cared for in her last few months by friend, and Challenge companion on all of her crossings, Julia Hume and Julia's husband Tom.
A celebration of her life will be held on Tuesday 27th February at 1.45pm at Northumberland Woodland Burial and Crematorium, Bockenfield, Morpeth, NE66 9QJ followed by a gathering for refreshments at the Northumberland Arms in Felton close to the Crematorium. Please wear something bright and colourful in memory of Pat.
Thanks to Julia for passing on the news

Re: Pat Robertson

I'm sorry to hear this sad news. I met Pat during her first Challenge, in 1994, when she, Julia and I walked together through the Lairig Ghru, and camped together near Derry Lodge. She was great company, there was never a dull moment. I met Pat and Julie again, in 2017, in Montrose, at the end of Pat's last Challenge, and, I think, Julie's 20th Challenge. Apart from the three of us being 23 years older, Pat haddened changed, as bright and cheerful as in 1994. A lovely lady.

Re: Pat Robertson

I met Pat and Julia a number of times on various crossings and they were so much fun as well as being helpful and encouraging. Pat was as mad as her hairdo. So refreshing - she wore her wealth of hillwalking skill and experience very lightly.

This morning I looked at this forum for the first time in years. I don't know what made me search for it. Haven't followed it since my last (10th) Challenge in 2013. The first post I read was the news that Pat has gone.

I'm so sad for Julia, and all her family and friends. What a great loss.