Return to Website

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event docs etc at TGO Challenge Resources page 
TGOC13 SPOT Tracker map (courtesy of Adventure Trading Post)
Queries? Contact the co-ordinator

Forum: The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: East Coast Trains Advance Tickets!

Our route (Sirimon) is designed to allow good time for acclimatisation but for some reason, out of a group of 11 people, I was the only person who really struggled. (Although we met individuals in other groups who were ill).

I felt sick and had no energy after about 3300m. On the day before the summit, the guides decided I should accompany the group up to the col at about 4000m (I think) then drop back down again and spend the rest of the day acclimatising. On the final day, I had a shorter steeper climb than the rest of the group and I really didn't think I'd be able to do it, but we all met up at the summit - big hugs all round!

I've been home since Sunday and I still have a slightly tight chest and a cough. Although I think I have had some sort of altitude sickness or Acute Mountain Sickness, I wonder if I also have a slight chest infection, as surely the symptoms would've passed by now?

Hopefully I'll get round to putting the photos and a trip report on my blog in the next few days.

Email