Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thickening of carpet fiber strands after a service (fuzzy expanded strands)

Ohh Boy!

I have the same issue. I have used all three gliders and I still get the tip bloom. However, the thickest is not that bad, but is not that productive in revoming the spots and soil. Moreover, I see the tip bloom in traffic lines, initially I thought it was due to the fact that the carpet was damage already but no.

The sad thing is that customers have complained about it.

Scott, I think I am going to try ur recommendation and use the thickest glider along with the glads.

Scott O.
Dave get yourself some glads at CCS, http://ccsop.com.
Cotton pads are too aggressive for that style of carpet. I use Glads for everything except berber and CGD. I use a fiber plus pad on those followed by cotton pads.

The solution you used was fine. Pads, not so good. Even with a Glad, you'd still want to keep it very wet on that carpet.

If you come across a Frieze and you want to be safe use more pre-spray, wetter Gladiator Pad, thickest glider and move quickly. The post vac will be return the twist back in the yarn as well.

You can always use synthetic pad like a Tuway Pad if you're really nervous. If you really don't want to chance it buy a portable. Personally I have never had a complaint.

Scott O.
Dave get yourself some glads at CCS, http://ccsop.com.
Cotton pads are too aggressive for that style of carpet. I use Glads for everything except berber and CGD. I use a fiber plus pad on those followed by cotton pads.

The solution you used was fine. Pads, not so good. Even with a Glad, you'd still want to keep it very wet on that carpet.

Which glider do use for berber carpet?

I don't use gliders, I have a Defender which has wheels on the ground.

Scott, do you see tip blooming with your Defender?