​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Inside bit for Trailstar.

I always thought an inner for the Trialstar defeated its merits and flexible pitching options. I never used an inner on the 2011 TGOC with a Trailstar. Bivy bag if I was worried about bugs. But they were not an issue.

But you're hard and from Norfolk.
We lesser softie peeps need the inner sanctum that is the Oookstar.

Yeh us softies need inner sanctums.

Lindsay, also had problems , so tried Bear paw in US. Ordered inner on 14th Nov and John emailed Saturday to say he was shipping that day USPS ! Will let you know what its like. Bearpawwd.com

Thanks John Will check it out. But may be running out of time if you ordered yours in Nov and its only just arriving.

Lindsay, what a numpty I am! I meant 7th feb, 2 weeks ago! I was texting a date on phone at time about nov, sorry .not good at multi devicing! Price was £95

I have an Oookstar on order, but I ordered it ages ago. Due pretty soon now I think. Unless you can convince Sean to push you up the list I doubt you will get one in time, but you never know until you ask!

My backup plan is a bearpawwd Pyranet1 from Bearpawwd in the US.

Just FYI, there are options available for the Pyranet including the 'TrailStar mod' They also will install the inverted T zip like Oookworks and 10" cuben sides for a bit of extra wind protection if you like.

I have selected the following options for my backup in case I need to order it:

Trailstar mod
Std length
Inverted T zip.
3x10" Cuben sides
Cuben Floor 1.25

Email them, John is prompt with his answers and helpful.

Mike

My oookstar will have been ordered 12 weeks on the 26th feb,no sign or word yet.

Hi Folks.
Anyone who's waiting on a nest for the TGO will get them in time.
I'm sorry I'm flaky with my communications at the moment.
Barry - I can't find a record of your payment? Could you confirm, please.
I can't compete with John's lead times, even when things are ok. He has a lot of people working for him.

It would really help if you TGOers could just drop me a quick line so I can ensure there are no disappointments.

Many Thanks,

Sean

Thank you to those of you who posted tips and suggestions for the inside bit to my Trailstar. I wasnt panicking much. I have it sorted now thanks to Sean from Oookworks what a diamond you are sir.
lindsay.

I was hoping to get an oooktub for a trailstar but have bought a Duomid with a bearpaw inner. I might however take a sheet of polycryo instead though. I'm in the fortunate position I can borrow a trailstar too so I'm really spoilt for choice!

Any particular type of window film anyone can recommend or does it not matter??

Cheers in advance!

Wickes

£6.49.

Gordon Green
Wickes

£6.49.

Sweet!!!

Many thanks, £6.49 will do nicely!

S