​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gear list ready for 2013 !

My son had a foot infection due to a moluscum that went bad. When i got home from the TGO he was already running again, but he had to wait 1 month to go back to the swimming pool ( his favorite activity of the moment :p )

I am now looking for the starting points that are easily reached from Glasgow ( like Shiel bridge last year )

Good thing is i was satisfied by all my gear in may so nothing else to change except perhaps my shoes.

Mallaig or Morar are on the direct train line from Glasgow,
and both very nice starts, although Morar needs good weather for the first 2 days to do the rather fine ridge.
Also Oban is a good start.

i must remember to check out Morar . Arisaig was on the list when i first started in 2006, i have also done Mallaig and Lochailort. It is indeed a beautiful peninsula with Mallaig as the crown because of the boatride in to Knoydart.thanks for the reminder andrew.

Andrew W
Mallaig or Morar are on the direct train line from Glasgow,
and both very nice starts, although Morar needs good weather for the first 2 days to do the rather fine ridge.
Also Oban is a good start.

thanks for the info, it will be easier too search/choose with starting points narrowed to 3

And as Bill said, Lochailort is on the same rail line and also offers some great options.
The route over to Oban Bothy is a lovely route, as is the route south through Cona Glen.
And of course, there is also the black hole of Beoraid.

Also worth a look.