​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gear list ready for 2013 !

My Olympus e-m5 arrived while i was on the TGO, and i just got the panasonic 12-35mm, so now i have a weather sealed camera + lens.
I prefer using 12+25+45mm primes but for hiking in Scotland ill take the weather sealed zoom...

Its been only 2 months, and one of my feet isnt yet completely healed but i am already considering trying to do TGO 2013 :p

Re: Gear list ready for 2013 !

Frederic,

Do go for it- good to briefly meet you at the end of the celebrations at the Park Hotel.

Colin

Count me in as well.

I was waiting for the right time to raise next years TGO with my other half but then she asked me when was I doing it again.

Too good an opportunity to miss. So I'm in.

Just got to work out how to dissuade the excess enthusiasts above number 300 or thereabouts.

Thinking about 2013 or 2014, but I will be back. If it is nice - do it twice!
WB

and mine has not only indicated next year is OK but is looking to do it with me in 2014 as well (draw permitting) as we will both be 50 :-)

hi Frederic , your feet will get better , they are strong . However, in May , you told me that your son had a sore foot at the same time as you . I hope he is recovered and running once more.. On my first attempt the blisters and discomfort were un demi annee (0.5 yr ?)recovering. not decided for 2013 yet,but probably will.

My son had a foot infection due to a moluscum that went bad. When i got home from the TGO he was already running again, but he had to wait 1 month to go back to the swimming pool ( his favorite activity of the moment :p )

I am now looking for the starting points that are easily reached from Glasgow ( like Shiel bridge last year )

Good thing is i was satisfied by all my gear in may so nothing else to change except perhaps my shoes.

Mallaig or Morar are on the direct train line from Glasgow,
and both very nice starts, although Morar needs good weather for the first 2 days to do the rather fine ridge.
Also Oban is a good start.

i must remember to check out Morar . Arisaig was on the list when i first started in 2006, i have also done Mallaig and Lochailort. It is indeed a beautiful peninsula with Mallaig as the crown because of the boatride in to Knoydart.thanks for the reminder andrew.

Andrew W
Mallaig or Morar are on the direct train line from Glasgow,
and both very nice starts, although Morar needs good weather for the first 2 days to do the rather fine ridge.
Also Oban is a good start.

thanks for the info, it will be easier too search/choose with starting points narrowed to 3

And as Bill said, Lochailort is on the same rail line and also offers some great options.
The route over to Oban Bothy is a lovely route, as is the route south through Cona Glen.
And of course, there is also the black hole of Beoraid.

Also worth a look.