​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ann Maden - very sad news.

I was shocked and very saddened indeed to hear the sad news of Ann's passing. She was a very kind and gentle lady who always made you feel welcome at Tarfside and will be greatly missed by all in the Challenge. My deepest condolenses to Bruce.

Colin

Sad news indeed.

Ann always gave a great welcome to Challengers at Tarfside.

My thoughts are with Bruce and her family.

Ian C.

So sorry to hear about Anne.Commiserations to
Bruce and the Family. A sad day.

Each of us passing through Tarfside will have their own memories of Ann. A kind and loving soul at the heart of the Challenge.

Our sincere condolences to Bruce Maden and Family on the passing of Ann Maden. She was certainly one of the bravest and indomitable persons we've ever known. Her aid and devotion to the Challenge was prime. Phyllis and I treasure our friendship with her.

What very sad news and what a brave lady. We were full of admiration how she kept on keeping on - she will be very much missed and we send great sympathy to Bruce and his family.

I first met Ann at Tarfside in 1998. Later in the evening I received some very bad news from home. She gave me great support, sympathy and kindness and that is something I will remember for the rest of my days. Thankyou Ann. May you rest in peace.

Returned from holiday on the west coast to learn this very sad news.

I can't recall a crossing when I didn't pass through Tarfside and call at the hostel to be looked after by Ann and her friends there - always so welcoming, and such a pleasure to be fed and watered with a smile after the hike to get there.

She and the ladies will always be synonymous with my memories of the Challenge, and especially of Tarfside.

Deepest condolences to Bruce, from Steph and myself.