Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: respect

not in the least. 2 generations now have been raised in an instant gratification world were the only real interaction they have is with machines. tv,video, parents use them as babysitters so they don't have to deal with the children. its too much work. too tired etc. I work in social welfare field and see it every day. I tell them unless you become the parent your child will not respect you. you cannot be the good guy and the bad guy. choose. but you stick to your guns. I did and now those children who knew me then thank me for being the neighbourhood mom who didn't change but made them do. I had a board hanging on my front door that said. to all who enter in, remember that manners cost you nothing but take you far in life.my childrens friends still quote it today some 20 yrs later.

Town: HARRISON ARKANSAS