Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Who are we voting for?

how can my vote be party political when I have not stated a preference for a political party? The fact that one of our Councillors has been expelled from her party is a relevant local issue, is it not? Hence the point about people not knowing who they will be voting for.

Re: Who are we voting for?

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Abusive, threatening and party political posts will be removed and those misusing this forum will be banned without discussion.

Well does it or not?

Town: ajames46@fsmail.net

Re: Re: Who are we voting for?

Hi Alan -

Does it or does it not what? Welcome friendly debate? It does, but people have to want to debate something.

As moderator I prefer to limit my input to factual matters if I can. Perhaps the text you quote does inhibit political discussion, but in view of past experience on the board, including it being taken down when local politicians threatened me with legal action, it is there to set some ground rules to keep the board available in a positive way.

- David -