Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greener Than Green?

FrankenWater. Is it just around the corner? This is a term I have coined (honest - I haven't seen it used anywhere else yet) to refer to plain water that has been treated with an electronic current. There are two different processes.

The first process has been discussed once or twice before on this Forum: this method uses an electric current to create two streams of water: high alkaline water, and acid water. The are now companies making machines that do this, and are selling them, usually to large institutional buyers, like universities, hotels, hospitals, and office buildings. They have their housekeeping personnel using the alkaline water in small sprayers to do general cleaning: walls, mirrors, sinks, toilets, medical and lab equipment, etc. The acid water is used as a germ killer, a disinfectant, or an odor neutralizer. Jon Kava, a Massachusetts Challenger owner and professional carpet cleaner, posted here earlier that he has tried this, and was unimpressed with the results. Yet there is a California-based franchised carpet cleaning company using just this kind of cleaning. They are called Zerorez. A lot of online posters have called them hucksters and scam artists, yet they seem to be expanding.

The other electrically-produced water is ozonated water, also referred to as
aqueous ozone. Supposedly there is a carpet cleaner in Modesto CA who uses this product in an HWE-type of cleaning system. Except that it is probably a CWE system (cold water extraction) as I have read that heat kills the ozone prematurely and reduces the cleaning results. Ozonated water systems are also being manufactured in the US and are being sold to the same type of users as the alkaline/acid water people cited in the paragraph above.

There are a couple of articles you can read about ozonated water on the Cleanfax website. They are:
1. www.cleanfax.com/carpet-care/using-aqueous-ozone-in-carpet-cleaning/ and
2. www.cleanfax.com/news/aqueous-ozone-faqs/

I am interested in following the development and adoption of both of these technologies, as they seem to have the capability of going from just plain green carpet cleaning to "Greener than Green" cleaning.

Re: Greener Than Green?

Hey Mark

Hope all is well things have been quiet for a time.

I don't see a big market for it in my area. I market green cleaning but after almost 7 years I've come to realize that the majority could care less and just want clean carpet. I may not be marketing it properly I guess

Re: Greener Than Green?

Clean carpeting, delivered at a reasonable and more-or-less competitive price (not necessarily the cheapest) is the primary benefit for the people that most of us seek to have as customers. But I feel you are better able to seal the deal, and attain customer loyalty, with the additional features of being both healthy AND quick to dry.