Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sabermetrics and OP carpet cleaning

Unless you've been on the moon for a long time, any American sports fan should know that by sabermetrics is
meant a statistical analysis approach to determining value in baseball players. The name is derived from the Society for American Baseball Research, begun by Bill James. James was the first person ever to really analyze baseball statistics with the intent of discovering undervalued baseball players. He found what are called the "inefficiencies" in the market for baseball players. In the book and movie Moneyball, Brad Pitt plays Billy Beane, the "wunderkid" high school baseball phenom who flopped in the majors, but who in his early 30s became the General Manager of the Oakland A's. He was turned onto sabermetrics by a disciple of Bill James, and has since become the General Manager able to win more baseball games with lower team salaries than anyone in the history of the sport. The Yankees' payroll, for example, is annually approximately four times the payroll of the A's.

Those of us who use the Challenger and other low-cost OP machines to clean carpets are like Billy Beane. Other companies may have spent many times what we spent for our primary tool, and get results not as good. We have discovered the inefficiencies in the marketplace for quality, high-earning carpet cleaning machines. And just as Beane has never been popular with the traditionalists in baseball management, on the field for 10 years he has beaten them far more than he has lost.

Re: Sabermetrics and OP carpet cleaning

No baseball fans out there, I guess.

Since the Phillies got their "bats" handed to them the last 2 weeks of the reg season and in the playoffs, no reason to watch. Anyway, I never heard of Sabermetrics but I understand what you are saying. But I can't really make a call on this since I only have the challenger. I am happy with it(I would be estatic if I start to make money with it). Hopefully some of the experienced cleaners on this site will chime in.

I am a fan of Billy Bean makes great acquisitions just cant keep em around

No, but he more often than not sells them for more than he paid for them.

Nicely done, Mark!
Great analogy.

It works. just like Moneyball works!

Loved the book. Haven't seen the movie. Lost the idea behind it all.

err ... that's supposed to be "loved the idea behind it all."

Choosing a right cleaning device & machine is also very important for getting a good cleaning service. You should also check out the quality & cost of the machine before goi8ng for it.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Get the best cleaning services: Builders cleaning london | cleaners London

Very Funny Mark and dead on.

Will Brad Pitt be playing you in the OP movie???