Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
please read about truck mount

I have a masterblend el diablo tm. It has had lot of things go wrong since i got it. It was not aligned up right motor to blower it blew out the rubber coupler. It has been thru thermostats. I have been thru 5 power inverter's it keeps overheating now they want me to cut wires on the inside of the inverter to bypass the heat sensors but now they offer some kind of generator instead of the inverter but i was not offered that. I have had gas shooting out the top of he carb. The vac gauge keeps getting sprung but they are going to send me one when they get a new vendor. I had to replace the electronics on the heat system. Most of the connections were loose and leaking. The man i got it from has been great, Don at the cleaners solution. My machine has 240hrs right now all this started from day one. At about 170hrs my roots blower started leaking at the blower shaft seal and face plate. I noticed the bolts were backed out on the face plate i was able to tighten them up by my fingers. When i called about it i was told that there was a problem with the manufacturer not getting all the bolts tight. My guy Don said he has another one doing the same as mine he changed seals twice on one machine and it is still leaking. So i call masterblend they told me i had to go to roots 3 hours away and i had to take it out of machine. I called roots in Houston Texas and asked about it ad the man i spoke to told me that if it was leaking already that it was ran improper so it probably would not be covered. When i bought this machine i bought a masterblend not a roots i feel masterblend should cover this with a new blower sent to me or the place i bought it from. I wish i would have got a machine from a company that stands behind there products i will not be getting another el diablo. I just wanted to share this with everyone in case you were thinking about getting one.
Thank you
Chuck Riley

Re: please read about truck mount

Think I'll stick with my OP machines.

Just got a phone call from my supplier, Masterblend is shipping out a new blower today. That is all i wanted to begin with. As far as the machine it is hard to beat i have lots of vac and heat and plenty of psi to boot. They have been real supportive on all the small things and fixed everything no questions asked. I even use alot of their chems.

Can you cmment on their allergy chemicals?

I have some but i have not used them yet supposed to be good on all types of carpet.

I am looking for feed back on mattresses.

When people look for mattress services, in my experience it has been mainly to kill any micro-organisms, dustmite allergen, etc, that might be present - not for cleaning the fabric for visual purposes, the way you would clean upholstery fabric.
A steam vapor machine is ideal for this purpose.
Try www.vaporpros.com.

I am more curious about the "lasting effects" claimed by masterBlend regarding their new chemicals ablility to drastically reduce the allergic reactions to the dust mites.

To simply steam away the mite may proves useful for a short time, but what about the fact they (mites) immediately return?

I don't know what they mean by "lasting effects" unless their chemical process intentionally leaves behind some kind of "cide": insectacide, mite-cide, or something like that - some substance that kills bugs. I think that my customers might physically recoil if I told them that I would be treating their bedding with something as toxic as this. With live steam in the range of 300 d. fahrenheit, you are able to both kill any dustmites, but - more importantly - you are able to kill, or denature, the allergen left behind by dust mites. The allegen is composed of dust mite fecal matter and body parts. You can kill dust mites with the lower water temps associated with HWE, but you don't break the protein chain, which is the actual allengen, not the living dust mites, without temps close to 300d. fahrenheit. For more on this subject, read Jeff May's book "My House is Killing Me". Why do you want to use chemicals when you can do a job very effectively with something as harmless and pure as steam?

I don't.

However, I am curious about what Masterblend claims:

Their chemicals is not a "cide". Rather, it denatures the protein strain. and, it has residual effect for about 6 months. They also suggest one couple this (mattress) with carpet cleaning to achieve the desired results.

I must point out I am a total newby in this area. so forgive my questions if they seem somewhat offesnive. It is ig ignorance that I apporach this venture. Your remarks are, I assume, based on experience...and that is valuable to me.

The idea is to mix the "steam" with these denaturing chemicals...but only IF needed. I f steam has the same effect...and has a lasting result with pleaseing results..I am all in.

Phil, how about checking out the MSDS on this product.
See what's listed in Section 2 "Ingredients".
Any ingredients classed as dangerous or harmful should be identified there.

Will do. I assume you already have?
For the record, i am simply trying to get educated. But...since you have given me home work, I will do it and see. then, can we continue our chat?

why dont you call masterblend?

No need. It was on the website
www.masterblend.net

all four categories 0

2.5pH
non toxic

Keep in mind I have no dog in the fight. I only seek advice.
I was skeptical for some time about OP and encap. But was sold after doing this very type of 'research"

I withdraw any reservations I might have had. Sounds like an OK product.

I just did some Googling of the Masterblend product in question, called Allergen Relief Treatment. It is a natural, acidic (pH of 2.0) product, and comes RTU. One website that I found included brief comments from a couple of what sounded like professional studies that the product effectively lowered the levels of dust mite allergen (der p1) and well as the allegens contained in cat and dog dander. No mention of the manufacturer's claims of residual effects for up to six months.

Each gallon is supposed to cover 2000 s.f. of carpeting. Since deeper pile carpets have a lot more surface material to them than do low-pile carpets, I'm not sure how a "one-size-fits-all" ratio of one gallon per 2000 s.f. can really apply, especially since I would think that much of the allergen you want to come in contact with is deep down in the base of the carpet. In treating mattresses, this would not be a problem, since all of the material you want to treat is right there at the outer surface. To treat carpeting with the same intensity of chemical contact, I would think you would have to use a lot more product on deep pile carpeting. I would also think you would want to apply it to carpet with some kind of fairly high pressure "injecting" tool, and that you might then also want to use something with a lot of agitation, such as an OP or CRB machine, to scrub the stuff in well, coating all the material, as well as the base, more or less equally. The idea is similar to not just spraying on a post-cleaning carpet protector, and leaving it there to disperse itself, but following up the spraying with an OP or CRB scrub-in (taking care to use a non-absorbent pad, or brush, if using an OP to do this.)

Mark, I am assuming here that you currently offer the service.

would you share some about how well your clients receive this service as well as how long it may tend to serve without using the above products?

here is why i ask:

If the service works at all...then there may be something here.

let me explain; when i was young, my older brother had asthma BAD. To the point (this is in the 60's) that the Dr told my Mom to ensure the living quarters were ALWAYS CLEANED. No drapers or blinds, no carpet, wash bed sheets weekly etc etc. Imagine how my Mom felt when my brother would have attacks!

she (my Mon) and I spoke recently about this service...she almost cried (My brother is now dead from a non related illness) saying "Why wasn't something like this around back then?"

IF it works...and one can get only a few done...the service should simply explode!

I truly appreciate your efforts and experience Mark...that is why I have brought this up here.

I anxioulsy waiat your reply.

Go to Pro Cleaners network and listen to Craig Jaspers recording on cleaning for health. He has been in the business for a long time and knows a lot about this subject. We call him the walking encyclopedia for carpet cleaners. He is also on the pro cleaners network website pretty regularly. If you have a microphone you can talk to him directly if not you can just type your question. Pro Cleaners is a chat room for carpet cleaners, you guys have to check it out.

Here's the link to that audio http://procleanersnetwork.com/craig_jasper_health.htm

(to Phil R) I do offer this service, but only with my steam vapor machine. It's not something I market much. Most of the people who call me re. it are referrals from Jeff May, the indoor air IAQ expert and author who I mentioned in a previous post. He lives and has his office in Cambridge Mass., not far from where I live. I came to his attention several years ago from a write-up I had in the Boston Sunday Globe Magazine on the subject of lowering the level of chemicals in homes and workplaces. Of the people he refers to me, most schedule a job that combines the cleaning of their carpets along with my steam injection process. Some also want their mattresses treated as well, and some want furniture done also. The problem with furniture is that 300 degrees is too much heat for some upholstery fabrics, and can damage the finish. About one customer in three becomes a repeat customer for this allergen treating process.

A carpet cleaning company with locations in NY and NJ
called Mr. K's offers this service. You should be able to find their website via a Google search.