Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
upholstry cleaning

hey guys, have a job on Mon. cleaning 11 or 12 conference room type chairs. I'm probably going to encap them and use my stair tool on them. This is a first for me, does this sound like a good method to use, and, whats the best type of brush or other tool to use on them if i'm looking for a more gentle way of getting them clean. thanks bill y.

Re: upholstry cleaning

Bill Check with Jim England I just bought his upolstry unit I have not done a paying job with it but it worked good on my moms old beat up sofa that has never been cleaned and was usd in a smoking room collecting smoke and dust, But it worked great on her antiqe furniture in her living room wich gets vacumed regularly she was amazed. Jim Site I believe is www.smart-cleaning-solutions.com

Mark's stair tool with encap Punch or releasit DS should work fine. I've used it for a lot of upholstery and like it. I occasionally use the drill driver brush that Rick G sells which does good on the lighter soiled upholstery if you are looking for encap only.

Make sure you pre-spray a small part and give it 10-15 mins to make sure there's no bleeding.

I have several couches to clean next week... quite a chore.

I've found the Fiberplus pads, sold by excellent-supply and intended for use on the 19" Cimex, to work well on upholstery. You can use them by themselves when encapping fabric, or as a pre-scrub if you are going to extract via cotton pads. I use the same cotton pads as I use on stairs.