​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Orrin Reservoir

Hi William, I remember you from checking in at the hotel in Montrose this year, when we arrived at the desk simultaneously. But this remark is not the goal of my message, of course.

I came through Glen Orrin in 2017, unintended and unexpected, because of a navigational error that day. But I don’t regret this walk at all! It was splendid, but then the weather was brilliant! As Vanessa mentioned, the reservoir was much smaller than on the map. I thought it was because of a long dry spell of weather. But apparently Vanessa had the same experience. The walk south of the reservoir was very easy, because it was perfectly walkable on the dry bed of the reservoir, due to the low water level. But that doesn’t guarantee anything under wetter circumstances, of course. And the river crossing must have been very easy, for I don’t remember it at all.

You can see some pictures of that day on my photo diary of that Challenge on https://goo.gl/photos/bRVWJPFkaWQKuRe96[url], particularly day 4.

Kind regards,
Hein

My photo diary of 2017 can also be found on the TGO Challenge website, under resources.

Thanks to everyone for the positive advice on this route. I am still working on the finer details but I should be able to get to Inverness with out too much drama.

Still a lot to plot and play "what if"
William