​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Four Years On

Hi Jeremy.
Good to hear from you sir.
Glad the teaching appears to be going well.
Brings back memories of many years ago, all 13 of them.
I'm hopefully back on in 2022, if I can keep my damage limitation to a minimum.
Maybe see you up there somewhere...

All 13, Mr W? I have only taken part in 12 Challenges (11 completions and one high-level glissade on the Lawers ridge ... )

Not Challenges Jeremy.
My 13 years as a maths teacher, back in the 80's and 90's

Hi Jeremy, thank you for giving us an update. I am pleased to hear that things are going so well. I see quite a few DofE groups on the hills up here, so maybe one day I will see you with your group – unless I see you back on the Challenge before then.

Hello Jeremy. Very glad to hear that your new career is going well. I can claim to be one of the three readers of your previous Challenge blogs: enjoyable and so meticulous. It’s never too late to post your 2017 account! Good luck with achieving the Cairngorm trip with your DofE group.

Jenny (and Ted)

Good to hear from you, Jeremy! Often wondered how you were getting on and it sounds like you are making a good niche in there. And good luck to you getting your DofE lot up here next May.

Doesn't look like it'll be May ... probably April 2022 ... but I'm trying to sell our D of E manager on the idea of Fort Bill - wrong way up the WHW to camp in Kinlochleven - across to Loch Ossian YH - up to Benalder Cott bothy - then into Dalwhinnie.

A good 4-day expedition on sound trails well-known and beloved of all Challengers, which will absolutely blow the kids' minds!

I think I've got a bite, too ... it just depends upon whether we can find the budget to do it!

Jeremy,

Spotted your post, I was signed up for the TGO Challenge this year, but decided to postpone til 2022. You did say when we met at the bothy south of Spean Bridge I'd be back. I remember meeting you again in Braemar saying your tent was leaking. I wondered if you had finished the challenge. I wrote a blog of the day we walked together. I still stop every hour for 5 mins when backpacking. https://www.slatterymarsh.com/day-5-lairig-leacach-bothy-to-culra-bothy/

Chapeau for changing career and becoming a teacher. I hope you can wangle a DoE trip to Scotland. That’s a fine beginners route you’ve planned. All the best.