Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
centra line pipe making and laying in the 1970s

I am trying to trace anyone who worked for the company centra line in ashton in the 1970-1980, especially working abroad and Germany. My father in law worked in Germany for this company in the 70s and had £25 a week taken from his wage as savings. He now has a dormant account that we cant find. Does anyone recall what banks may have been used at this time to help with our search. So far channel islands have been ruled out and apparently this country also. The only thing he is certain off is that it was Barclays bank he used. The company was apparently near fiswicks in ashton. He recalls when he drew money in Germany he had to take his passport to the bank and return 1 hour later for his cash. Any help would be very much appreciated. My father in law is terry Kavanagh maybe you worked with him.

Town: ashton in makerfield