Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DOG FRIENDLY PUBS

Both my husband and I have lived in and around this area for all of our lives and lived in Ashton for 20 years. We are responsible dog owners and walk our dog twice daily. Over the weekends we sometimes walk our dog into Bilinge. Lovely walk but we mainly end up there because of the many pubs that are dog friendly. Old traditonal pubs with a warm feeling if not always a burning fire. It does seem a pity though when we got so many good local walks, pubs on our doorstep but not always the same welcome with your dog. Billinge has four dog friendly pubs of which 2 serve food, one with a roaring fire and all seem to be doing a roaring business. Maybe some time
soon we may be able to take our dog out on a local walk and relax in a Ashton pub with the same welcome.

Town: ASHTON-IN-MAKERFIELD

Re: DOG FRIENDLY PUBS

I couldn't agree more Gill, we are lacking in so many things in the Town. I too walk to Billing across country and last time had a lovely Sunday lunch in the Foot which had a roaring fire. My three dogs sat quietly under the table and the lovely glass of wine eased my long walk home.

My cousin lives in Dorset and most pubs allow well behaved dogs in, and guess what they are always full!

Pity we don't have similar amenities in our Town.

Town: Ashton