Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Super 10 wj7, extremely loud?

I made this modification on a 1954 WJ7, that was in storage a long time like yours. I added a Mikuni Fuel pump by attaching it to the existing hoses. I added a longer piece of hopse. Without the motor in front of me, (at cottage) I can't say which hose I hooked up. There is a outlet on the side of the motor that looks something like a fuel pump. One outlet pulses(pumps) air, and that is rhe hose that pumps the Mikuni fuel pump. I used a Mikuni fuel pump from a large engine tractor. Exact fuel pump you can find on ebay for $20-$30. The other hose goes from the mikuni pump to a fuel line connector for a modern tank. The other hose runs from the other hose outlet on the motor to the third outlet on the mikuni pump. @ outlets on the motr; 3 outlets on the pump. You can custom attach the pump. I have mine hanging just below the cowing(stays cooler). This is where the new type gas tank connector hooks up to any modern tank gas line. My gas tank is the same for both my modern Merc, and my 1954.