Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hurricane Sandy WG4 Story

My town was extensively flooded during coastal storm Sandy back in late October. I had a number of motors get swamped when my daughters garage had 5-1/2 feet of salt water. One of them was my Wizard. In the big picture getting the motors fixed quickly didn't get raised to a priority since homes had to be repaired first. Tonight I took the Wizard home. The fuel tank was 1/2 full of water, and the motor had been totally submerged. To my surprise there is no water in the motors internal. The choke had been on and the pistons must have been in just the right place. It still had spark. I am cleaning the carb and tank and fuel line. If this thing starts back up and runs correctly I will be absolutely amazed.

Re: Hurricane Sandy WG4 Story

I'm glad your Wizard was spared. I hope you can get her going. That's a great story.

Re: Hurricane Sandy WG4 Story

My Hurricane Sandy WG4 is now up and running excellent with minimal effort. Just to be sure the insides were OK I opened the front crankcase cover. All looked fine inside to I added an inline fuel filter. I just took it for a long run tonight at sunset. It never missed a beat.