Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
decals

hi,,,, i am having trouble locating the front decal for a wg-4 super twin,, i find lots of side decals , is another model similar i could use or is the oringinal ones out there,,thanks for the help,,,gary

Re: decals

The decals from http://www.nymarine.ca/WZWF4.gif are mislabeled and truly are WG4 decals. There are no comparable decals to use, the WF4 is completely different and the WG7 look the same but are sized differently.

(Image from the above reply)

As a follow up I talked with Peter McDowell. His decals were based on a motor he or someone else has that was a WF-4, he provided a picture of it. I suggested based on Wizard paperwork, dealer manual, sales literature that it was really for the WG-4 and that someone probably swapped to a newer tank. The decal shown in the dealer manual is the one pictured and states its from 1951. Also the two decals have different part numbers. He thought it may have occurred at the factory and I can understand why he might think so. So I don't know if he will change the labeling but it is consistent with WG-4's.