Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recoil assy on a WD-3S

I have just recently purchased a WD-3S. The recoil assy wasn't working so I took a look and found the pin was bent that holds the spring on the pull rope plate. It looks like the end of the spring might of broke off and someone rigged it to work. If someone has pictures of the inside or can direct me to someone who has a manual(digital or real) and a source for parts I would appreciate the help. Pictures for placement of the stickers would be great too. Email to halldghall@aol.com. Thanks for the input and I love the site. Keep up the good work.....Dan H

Re: Recoil assy on a WD-3S

If you don't think you can salvage the spring, here is a replacement:

http://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_details.php?pnum=SIE18-6506&ptype=&Engine=&Model=

Thanks for the input on the recoil spring. Unfortunately it is unavailable at that sight. Does anyone have another source? I'm going to search too now that I have a #. I also found pictures of the assy in a prior post on this website. That was a great help. Definitely needs replacing. Salvaging is last resort. I prefer it as close to mechanically perfect as possible
Thanks

ALL of the early K Model springs are the same...
Part # 24-20775 Prewar rewind models thru Mark 20
(NOT KF3,KF5,Mark5 or Mark6)WF4 and WG4 I am not
sure about...different rewind housing for sure.
Sluggish rewinds may benefit from removal of the gobs
of heavy grease applied in attempt to quiet rewind noise...a light coat of oil is all that is needed.
Broken ends can in theory be heated and bent to correct shape and length.
When removing and installing the rewind spring respect
the energy contained in a coiled spring...if released
suddenly it can hurt you.
Louis
Subject has been covered here before and worth looking up.

Just for an update if anyone ever needs it. Oldmercs.com has the spring assy in stock