Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wizard Super 5

I have a Wizard Super 5 that I am trying to restore to original. I have the motor running perfect and pumping as it should. I have painted it the original color and have ordered new decals for it. The only thing I am missing is a trim piece that goes on the top of the Motor Cowling ( not sure what it looks like? Chrome,Painted) Does anyone have one or know where I can get one? Thanks in advance!!

Re: Wizard Super 5

Cosmetic items for old outboards are known to go astray...sometimes hard to find. If some kind person
posts a clear picture of item installed on their
motor the identification problem would be solved.
One of the online parts sources for old outboards
might have. If you attend a good size club swap meet it is surprising what shows up.
Lastly you might be able to make an aproximation of the missing item to serve until the correct item shows up.
Missing cosmetic items needed to have a correct restoration can be frustrating. Where possible
work around missing item(s) as some items seem
to be absent from all examples of a particular
outboard motor. The more you mix with people in
the hobby at meets the better the chances of finding
someone who not only knows what you need but also
has it and hopefully remembers where it is.
Louis

I think the Super 10 and super 5 used the same aluminum trim.
Are you sure all came with a trim piece?

I am almost certain it came with a trim piece on the top of the cowling. I could see the outline on the paint were it had been. The outline looks allot like the one you have pictured.( my motor has the fwd,neutral and reverse) I think I will try to build a casting and pour one, using lead then use an aluminum wheel paint. Thanks for the pictures!!

I'm pretty sure the original would be pressed aluminum held on with a screw in the center. Probably was the first thing to rattle off of the motor unless it had enough corrosion to act like loctite. Good luck with your restoration. Ebay sometimes has this part if you look long enough.
Bryan Smith
Summerville, SC

The trim will probably look like this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2500/4172890755_775700e1d1_b.jpg