Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WG-4

Hi, My name is Tommy & I found a 1951 WG-4 WIZARD SUPER TWIN in a barn I was cleaning out & wondered if anybody could till me what it might worth? It looks to be in pretty good condition & has good compression. If anyone could help me please send me an e-mail. Thank You Tommy tmdjmg@yahoo.com

Re: WG-4

Tommy-

Take a look at some of the other posts on worth of motors. They really don't have tons of value, but a decent condition, running WG4 could go for $50-100 .... maybe more, maybe less. Value is very subjective, and condition is going to be the primary determining factor. If it is a non-runner, whoever buys it is going to have to sink money in for things like a magneto rebuild, which can get pricey

JP

Thanks JP, Thats gives me something to go on, Its a cool looking old motor, I might just clean it up alittle & hang it in my bar for a piece of history to look at. Thanks Again, Tommy

If you want to tinker with it to get it running, we'd be happy to help you out with. There are some basic tests you can run to figure out what level of effort (and expense) you are looking at to make it a runner.

JP

Thanks again JP, but right now i have so much on my plate & with the info & history ive already gottin from you guys on here i think im gonna hang on to it & maybe even pass it on down to my boys. Bryan,another guy on this forum showed me the orignal manual & parts break down sheet of this motor. So for now its gonna hang in my bar for a conversation piece over some beers with my buddys, And if i ever want to get it running ill know where to look. Thanks again JP for your help TOMMY

My pleasure, Tommy. It will make a cool conversation piece ... and if you or your boys get the time down the road, you can always take down from the bar and put bring it to your workshop to get 'er running!

JP

I have a wg-4 i purchased a few years back. I want to use it again but I do not remember the sart up procedure or proper oil mix. The outboard has 3 basic controls; one lever to adjust speed, one knob that pulss out and pushes in, and one knob that rotates out or in when turned. I do not remember how to use the controls to get it started and keep it running. I also need to know correct oil mix to get it running and keep it running. Can you help?