Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wizard super 10

i bought a wizard wm7a several years ago but could never get it started( not much of a small engine man). the guy i bought it from says he can't remember if it is 2 cycle or 4. if anyone can clue me in i would appreciate any help and advice. i did manage to get it to start on 2 cycle this morning, but i would hate to ruin a working motor due to my lack of information. thanks

Re: wizard super 10

Two cycle, mix gas & oil,I use 1/2 pt per gallon, did you put in new coils, condensors, fuel pump diaphragm & a new water pump impeller????. Also check or change the lower unit grease. These are the minimum essentials to insure a nice running motor & I also put in new top & bottom crankshaft seals, also the carbureator should be cleaned out, as well.
Ronald

thankyou for your response. i haven't replaced any parts on this motor yet. could you tell me where i might find parts for it. i am less than novice when it comes to small engines especially boat motors, but i'm very interested in keeping this one running and in good condition. thanks again

Shawn: Before we get into parts, they will cost you about $150 & it requires some mechanical knowlege to install them & have them all installed right. Do you want to make such a investment?. Going to a outboard mechanic is out of the question as at $85 per hour, you would have way more in the motor than what it would be worth. You have to be, or find a enthisiast to do it for you, & should be in your immeadiate area as shipping is also out of the question, to expensive.Where are you located, perhaps I can direct you to a local Antique Outboard member?, & then of course not all AOMCI members work on or have a knowledge on the Wizard-Mercury as well.
Ronald

i live south west of dodge city kansas.