Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Montgomery ward Outboard Identification- Year?

Montgomery ward outboard 5.0 horse. I need to know the year of this motor. Model# GG9001C Serial#65x611606
Thank You for any help.

Re: Montgomery ward Outboard Identification- Year?

Well, you don't have a Wizard...you have a Sea King. That is a 1956 model. You can get good help on it at www.aomci.org - Ask a Member Board.

JP

Thank you so much for the info! How did you come up with the year? Thank you again. Ted

Ted:

I've got a book on old outboards and use a couple websites to track these down. Plus, a few are stuck in my head. Here is one that is pretty good:

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/

JP

JP:
Thanks for your help. Since you have such good resources, do you know of anyone that would be interested in this motor? Its in great shape and well maintained. Thank you again for all of your help.
Ted

Ted,

I would say your best bet would be to put a free ad on the classifieds link at www.aomci.org. I don't think it will fetch a lot of money, but you are bound to find someone out there that wants one. I have a '57 5HP deluxe...looks like hell, but it runs like a champ and they are very easy to get parts for. Good little motors!

Glad that I have been able to help!

JP