Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wizard 20hp

got wizard wba6520a56 need info year,maker,possible parts and mix ratio runs ok but has hard miss once in a while ? thanks joe ps some times need to spray staring fluid to start pulled float bowl and cleaned but still does it

Re: wizard 20hp

You've got a 1965 Chrysler-made Wizard. Oil mix is 1:50, I believe. You can get parts from:

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_chrysler_wizard.html (you have to call them).

I would give the carburetor a full cleaning...blowing out all of the jets with compressed air after spraying it with carb cleaner. The fuel lines would be worth replacing if they were sitting for a long time. You could also have spark issues, which could be as simple as replacing spark plugs, but the points may need a good cleaning. If you pull the flywheel, it would be good to inspect the coils. If the coil housing is cracked, that would be a likely culprit, and will likely lead to a complete failure in the coil over time. But, it is hard to say until you check.

Start with a good cleaning of the carb. If that doesn't solve the problem, I would continue by checking the magneto next (points and coils).

Just my thoughts!
JP

thank you i all ready changed plugs ill mix gas 50to one see what happens if not illfind something to pull flywheel thank you ,know any where to get parts?

Discount Marine will have the basics....ignition components, carb rebuild kits. If you need actual hardware, you'll have to get in touch with some used parts guys...which I have recommendations for if you need them.

To pull the flywheel wheel, get a harmonic balancer puller from an auto store. They are about $15. You'll need to get three grade 8 bolts, 1/4-20 sized, about 3" long. You'll need a strap wrench to hold the flywheel in place while you loosen the top nut.

JP