Return to Website

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum

Welcome to the new Wizard Outboard Forum.

Wizard Outboard Motor Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WF-4 (1949 1950) Tank Badges or pictures needed

Hello, I have a WF-4 and I have bad badges. I can barely read parts of them,other parts are gone. Does anyone have a surviving WF-4 that I could get pictures of? Also, are the two years badges exactly the same,or do they vary from year to year. No one seems to be making these particular badges. Any help is very much appreciated, Greg Mead

Re: WF-4 (1949 1950) Tank Badges or pictures needed

Greg-

Here is the decal artwork for your WF-4. You can purchase these decals from the website.

http://www.nymarine.ca/WZWF4.gif

JP

tHANKS jp, bUT THESE BADGES ARE THE LATER ONES tHAT i BELIEVE BEGAIN APPEARING ON TANKS AROUND 1951. Sorry I had the caps lock on my computer. My badges are are red clouds with white stripes and say WIZARD up top and TWIN SIX in cursive script below. I need pictures of an original so I can make copies for my motor out of vinyl. Thanks,Greg

Re: Re: WF-4 (1949 1950) Tank Badges or pictures needed

Sorry Greg....normally Peter's website is pretty accurate when it comes to decals. You're right, the ones I sent you were for 1951-1954 models. I will keep searching to see if I can help you out.

Thanks, DO you happen to know where I can get four screws that hold the two motor cowls together. The thread is 1/4-28,and I would guess the length to be around 1/2". These are not at the hardware store,but I know they are out there somewhere. Not sure if they had washers or what the head was shaped like. Thanks, Greg

Re: Re: WF-4 (1949 1950) Tank Badges or pictures needed

That 28tpi is a challenge....but you can get them at
www.boltdepot.com. I used the socket head style on mine, and I was able to get them in stainless steel.

Re: Re: Re: WF-4 (1949 1950) Tank Badges or pictures needed

Greg- Ignore my last post...check your e-mail! JP