​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another gear list

Thanks Gordon. I have yet to weigh all but currently without food my base weight is about 8Kgs. I will triage that and see how much can be reduced. Electronics seem to be adding around 500gms to most people's packs! Biggest issue at the moment is volume. cheers as look forward to seeing you somewhere along the trail.
Dara + Liam of course.

I've not popped by the message board for a while but I may as well create a linky thing for Gordon while I am here.

I'm currently pondering what needs to go into my rucksack for the MBA Bothy work party I'm travelling up to next weekend. Maybe I shall see some of you on the West coast? Possibly some Oban late starters?

Have a great crossing everyone.

Thanks Judith. ☺

So no Challenge this year then, Judith? Out of interest, which bothy work party? Asked as a joint MO of Suileag bothy who has a work party starting 2 weeks after we get back...
Vanessa

No, no Challenge for me this year.

It's the work party at Leacraithnaich bothy on Morvern. Technically within the Challenge bounds, I think, but unlikely to see many Challengers.

Gordon, I guessed at "Zueks" on your blog as HiTec Zuuks (lightweight shoes) in answer to a question. Was I right? I have a pair and love them dearly. They were my Challenge companions for a few years but last year I changed to Merrell sandals, which are great for river crossings as well as evening wear. Less packable, but fit in the outside pocket of my pack.

Maybe see you en route? Heading for Corrour Tuesday.

Vanessa

Vanessa
Gordon, I guessed at "Zueks" on your blog as HiTec Zuuks (lightweight shoes) in answer to a question. Was I right? I have a pair and love them dearly. They were my Challenge companions for a few years but last year I changed to Merrell sandals, which are great for river crossings as well as evening wear. Less packable, but fit in the outside pocket of my pack.

Maybe see you en route? Heading for Corrour Tuesday.

Vanessa
Hi Vanessa, yes they are the Hi Tec Zuuks. I wear trail shoes for river crossings etc., but they are great to put on around camp.
Hope to meet you at some point. I'll be at Corrour Station for a meal on the Tuesday and staying at Loch Ossian YHA.