Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Community Football Match

Stubshaw Cross Youth Committee have organised a "Lads v Dads" football match this Saturday at Ashton Town Football Club. Includes a BBQ, Bouncy Castle and face painting for the younger ones. Club house bar also open.

Starts at 2.00 pm with the KO at 3.00 pm.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Re: Community Football Match

Will you be playing Ian?

Town: SC

Sure will, although I can't see me lasting the full 90 mins. What about you Andrea, you having a game?

I shall indeed. I intend to stick with the strategy I had in my old playing days of never leaving the centre circle.

Looked a good turn out, well done.

Town: on

yes it was a very good turn out pity there wasn't any disabled access to the field or bar or toilet

Town: stubshaw cross

Ellem, there was access to the bar and tiolets via the back entrance to the club however some people in chairs did experience difficulty in accessing the field due to the fence lying there.

Both things could have been and should have been better. Signposting disabled access points and removal of the fence will be a priority when we hold another event there.

Town: Stubsahw Cross

Well done the Stubshaw Cross Youth Committee. A fantasic event for the community. Well organised and enjoyed by many.

Hiya Ian thanks for the reply, I know there is access to the rear of the club but Julians new electric wheel chair does not have a curb climber on it and so unable to get up the small step there and far too heavy for me to push up.

It was a good day and great to see so many people attending, hope there aren't too many sore limbs today !!

Town: stubshaw cross

Have been to look at the entrance to the field again tonight and next time we will have access for everyone. Will have to see the club owners regarding access to the club itself.

As for sore limbs I reckon there are at least 2 for each Dad. :)

I can barely walk!

Town: Old Truffle