Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Non De Plume

I believe Alan broached this subject a while ago, Isnt it about time we had on a way of people to only be able to use one name, I.E registered users rather than open users who hide behind many names.

Re: Non De Plume

Also, there has been a reply in my name that I didn't make and a reply using just Alan,that I didn't make.

Alan (I think)

Town: Bryn

As far as I can see the person posted as 'Alan', not 'Alan Edwards', and the IP address hasn't been used before so it isn't one of our regular posters.

Regarding Julian's point: the ability to post without registering does allow easier access to the board, and generally speaking there have been few problems in recent times. If there are specific complaints I can check the IP address, but I do rely upon people abiding by the rule not to post under multiple identities.

Town: Ashton

Re: Re: Non De Plume

The posting Alan mentions is in reply to my brown bin question and the Alan who replied to my posting did not mean to offend anyone. It was his first posting and I will tell him in the future when posting, to avoid any further confusion to use his full name.

Town: Ashton

Re: Re: Re: Non De Plume

"to avoid any further confusion to use his full name"

Or a suitable pseudonym. Imagine the height of confusion if his surname is also Edwards. I really don't think i'd cope.

One is bad enough. ;)

"Write a wise saying and your name will live for ever."

Anonymous

Town: Tsetse

Cheeky, "one is bad enough"!!!

I have a wife of 41 years to call me, don't you start please.

Alan James Edwards
Bryn

Town: Bryn