Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
They count them in and count them out.

A brown envelope dropped through my door , the other day. expecting a tax rebate, I opened eagerly, what a shock. It was a demand for £150.00 or £75.00 if paid within fourteen days. It related to the Gerrard Centre. I had parked there on the day in question. In fact the times seemed right, but I had only stopped for about ten minutes on both visits.

I phoned the number up and explained, I was asked for a contact number. I also phone a local councillor, Paul Tushingham.

I got a phone call later from the Parking Enforcement Agency informing me the notice had been recinded.

When Paul Tushingham phoned back, he said he was glad it was sorted out. He explained how it can happen.
When you drive in your reg. number is logged as with congestion charging and when you drive out it is again logged. Sometimes it is possible when leaving you are being closely followed by a large 4X4 or people carrier and your number plate is not read.

SO BEWARE, IF YOU ARE LEAVING MAKE SURE THE CAMERA HAS A CLEAR VIEW.

I am awaiting a promised letter confirming the notice it has been recinded.

Alan

Town: Bryn

Re: They count them in and count them out.

From the FAQs on the Parking Enforcement Agency's website.

Q. How can you legally issue parking charge tickets?

A. Our system is based on contract law. By the motorist entering the land and seeing the contractual warning signs displaying the terms and conditions for parking, they enter into a contract regarding the parking regulations. Should they choose to ignore the terms and conditions of parking, they are breaking the contract. This is enforceable in the civil courts.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?autocom=ibwiki&cmd=article&id=56

Check "THE CONTRACT ELEMENT."

Re: They count them in and count them out.

Hi
Just got confirmation of cancellation, what are peoples opinion of the two hour limit and method of enforcement?

Alan

PS watch the local press for the POWER OF THIS SITE
Alan

Town: Bryn