Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
n
naxan
DXT Compression Technique?
Hey, i did some comparing between DXTBmp and GIMP with DDS Plugin. With GIMP you have the possibility to select 1 from 3 Compression Algorithms and you can dither the Pic before reducing. As a final result DXTBmp beats GIMP's DDS Plugin. Very good! GIMP lacks in...
Views: 192   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2009 10:08am
by martin
j
jmd
DXTBmp and french version of vista
Hello, First, excuse my poor english... I use your very good program DXTBmp since many years, but... now, I have Vista. Your program (4.00.96) cannot open files and says "cannot open c:users{name} appdatalocaltempxnorm.bmp". This file is yet present and good...
Views: 286   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 2, 2009 10:16am
by Manfred Spatz
j
josh
Why do I paint textures for fsx and they don't work?
whenever I make my own texture they show up on FSX but they don't render they show up as 2-D and look bad anyone know how to fix this??
Views: 356   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 23, 2009 5:11pm
by Jandakot
TView
After much use of the excellent TView on several machines, I have since changing a motherboard to a fast Athlon Quad Core started to get issues. When searching and displaying the pics in a folder, it randomly notifies it's unable to download a xxx.bmp file...........
Views: 228   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 4, 2009 5:00pm
by martin
MGrab with MS-DOS window
Hi, I can successfully grab images with MGrab (4.00.12) from a particular old 3rd party MS-DOS program, even when the Window is a Command Line (MS-DOS) window. But when this program draws graphs (it is a technical calculation program), it maximises the screen and MGr...
Views: 200   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2009 10:43am
by David Thompson
m
martin
Apologies...
Sorry to anyone who posted here in previous months but didn`t get a reply. The forum is hosted elsewhere and is supposed to send me an email each time there is a new post. However I have just discovered that the host server had lost my email address and hasn`t bee...
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 20, 2009 4:41pm
by wolfi
cfs1 scenery editor
How can I make the CFS built-in scenery editor to work? I added: [layout tool] scenery_edit_enable=1 to combatfs.cfg The editor then should show up in World menu. This didn't work! What have I done wrong? Anyone there who can give me the right key? Dick.
Views: 230   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 5:09pm
by martin
TGA Tool Editor
Seems I have lost contact to the editing program, even with the new download, what do I need to do now?
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 9:55am
by martin
DXTBmp crash on opening
This is a strange one . . . DXTBmp has been working perfectly, but today (2/1/09) the program now crashes when I click on the "File" then "Open" dialog button; I haven't moved any program DLLs, components, whatever, so this has become a mystery. Any ideas, anyone?...
Views: 298   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 5, 2009 9:07am
by martin
j
Johnno
FSX/Vista Ult/DX10 Graphics problem
I run FSX on a good Vista Ultimate machine with a 9800GT card and it performs reasonably well. In the FSX Options/Display settings is a box titled "Sample DX10". This is usually left unticked and I get frame rates of about 12-15 with excellent graphics, however if I...
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2009 9:47am
by martin
j
John
Uninstall DXTBmpX
Martin, how do I uninstall an old version of DXTBmpX? The new version is on a different hard drive, so I was unable to just copy over the old. The program is not listed in Add/Remove programs, but I notice it does have registry entries, so simply deleting the o...
Views: 368   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 11:29pm
by John
Painting the new Project Opensky 777's
Dear Sir; Firstly, thanks for the great programs, DTXbmp and Convimx! Unfortunately I need some advice. I am an aircraft painter using FS Repaint V2 from Abacus publishing. Infortunately (I think) I need to convert the Posky files (which are very large) to anot...
Views: 303   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 1:37pm
by Stephen Korin
TgaTool2 Exporting in Vista
I'm having a bit of a problem when doing an "Export Ace (Alpha) - Not DXT". Basically, it doesn't export. I'm running Windows Vista. I have the most recent TgaTool2 (downloaded in December 2008).
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 2:51am
by Rick White
Coverting tga or bmp into texture files
Hello Martin... You may remember me from the CFS days as TBS-TEX... I am now working with trains and have your tga tool that coverts tex files into painable formats but need something to recovert them back into a tex file...is such a tool available... Thank...
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 18, 2008 6:13pm
by Allan tucker
l
Luke
DXTBMP no right tool bar
Hi all, I have no right tool bar on the DXTBMP window. have only the upper left menu bar, ie: File, Prefs, Image, etc. and the lower right Tool Bar with Load, Save, Send to Editor, Refresh after Edit, etc, and nothing else but the window. I upgraded a couple of days...
Views: 953   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2008 10:29pm
by Luke
Unique problem with MkAFD, it only affects my computer
My computer somehow mangles co-ordinate details entered into MkAFD2. The very same downloads of MkAFD2 and Scasm copied and transferred to my daughter's machine work fine on it and produce perfectly good results that work smoothly in CFS2 on my machine. I trie...
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 21, 2008 1:31am
by Grinseed
Co-ordinates for MkAFD and MkAFD2
Hi Martin, I had MkAFD working fine a few months ago. Have need to use it again with my WW1 Flanders project to add airfields. However, over the past week I have had no success with it, to my great embarrassment and frustration. Can enter degrees and whole...
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2008 12:10pm
by Grinseed
Key MGrab
Hi - I cant run my MGrab download. I just get the message "Failed to create key MGrab". Can someone tell me what the "key" is and how I can get it? ...........Laurie
Views: 297   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 3, 2008 8:29am
by Laurie Longmore
DXTBmp won’t display its window
Hi colleagues, In the context of learning to modify texture files for which the author’s instructional text invites us to use DXTBmp, I’ve downloaded and installed the program along with the required DLLs (MWGFXDLL). However, when activated, the progra...
Views: 393   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2008 3:30pm
by Jean-Jacques Mal...
s
Steve
Request for GSL developers tools
Martin, I have been working with Chris Westervelt, The MaskRider on some GSL style scenery making. He suggested I request the GSL Developers Tools from you. Thank you for your time. Steve
Views: 337   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2008 1:39pm
by Steve
s
Steve
AFD & Runway Generator 2.12 "mkafd2"
Not sure where to start with my issue. Basicly when I use MKAFD2 everything seems to work. I go to Load CFS2 and it crashes. On the AFD Tab I place all the required information & check for correct spelling. I then create a AFD source file & a AFD BGL file. "NOT SURE...
Views: 449   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 17, 2008 3:54am
by Steve
GSL Tools
Good Day Martin, I would like to make a request for the GSL tools, to take advantage of trying to develop my own scenery. Kind Regards Walter
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2008 9:51pm
by Walter Hopkins
i cant seem to draw strait lines on the helmets
ok what im doing is editing the txt file for the helmets on our helos and im trying to get it so that the top of the helmet looks like ^ but with a line running down the middle. all i can get is this. http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/moo...
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 23, 2008 10:56am
by Martin
w
wolfi
Your graphics tools and Medieval II; TW and Kingdoms
Just a quick note to let you know that for me, your graphics tools; specifically DXTBMP, ConvImx , Mipedit and TView are very handy tools for this very popular game; I've been trying my hand at a little texture modding (I still do some FSX minor textures mods for...
Views: 354   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 14, 2008 7:50am
by wolfi
t
Ted
TGATool2 and Alpha Channel
Martin, I am reskinning a locomotive for MSTS, all goes well until I try to edit the alpha channel. After I edit it, it looks fine back in TGATool2 after doing a Reload Data. I export to ACE (Alpha) - not DXT using Patch #1 MakeAce, compress ACE Files and DXT compr...
Views: 530   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 6, 2008 8:26am
by Martin
CFS_2
CFS-2 Sonamabitch -- Seasonal Lat North 32 --Seasonal Lat South 32 Both contained in CFG root Directory Fitting air fields or add scenery ,,coast lines,, when drawn out of Lat boundries may not respond at different altitudes ,,the same...
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 29, 2008 12:30am
by Sarg Willy
GSL scenery question
Hi Martin, I'm using the Gsl Scenery Editor. since i'm reducing the amount of objects in my Madrid scenery to make it more frame rate friendly it comes to me a doubt: i've eliminated a lot of gsl objects, but, when i click on the properties of the cfs2.gsl file the...
Views: 478   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 5, 2008 10:35pm
by Martin
cfs2 flickering ground textures
Hi Martin, the question is: when i'm using some textures originally made for cfs1 (par_10_2, par_10_3 and also the cfs1 grass runway), they appears flickering. i've also tried to use the champs elysees api in Fssc, but the result is the same. my actual graphic card...
Views: 305   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 29, 2008 7:24pm
by Giuseppe
t
terry
joystick in cfs 1
I just reinstalled combat sim 1 on my vista and i get all this wierd messeges ref. my joy stick and my stick does not work. it is a logitech any sugg!!
Views: 284   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2008 9:57am
by Martin
l
Leon
DXTBmp
First of all, let me say that I just discover DXTBmp and want to thank Martin for the fine job. I just started to repaint some A/C textures in FSX and want to share what I had to learn on my own. I was converting the DDS file to BMP and editing (repainting) them...
Views: 423   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 12, 2007 11:16pm
by Bob Tamplet
Alpha Windows
I am probably one of the very few people in the world who do not know how to do this, so please enlighten me. I am trying to create an alpha that has middle of the road grey, not black and not white, in it, the purpose is to create a "window", not just open space f...
Views: 385   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 3, 2007 8:15am
by Martin
Scenedb
Martin good evening, I am trying to make a scenedb file for a new pacific island uploaded at SOH. How do you convert the Lat Long to degrees or the coordinates you put into the scenedb file?
Views: 366   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 31, 2007 7:30am
by Martin
MS FSX texture files
Have worked with MS FS9 (Century of Flight) mostly in repainting aircraft. The recent upgrade - FSX(FS10) uses DDS files vice Extended bmp files in the texture folders. Really want to know the process for editing DDS files - realise that convimx will do the conver...
Views: 559   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 23, 2007 9:01am
by Martin
i
Ivan
Trucking & DXTBMP
I wonder if Martin Wright or anyone here knows that we've been using DXTBMP for ages now for modding truck games? I introduced it to the community a few years ago and we've been through 3 games and still use it for the DDS images. Might want to check out http://truck...
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 8:37am
by Martin
Send Alpha to Editor
I am using Photoshop CS2 as my editor and when I Send the Alpha file via DXTBMP (4.0.0.84) to the Editor, the file appears in CS2 as an Indexed Color image and is not editable. Using the CS2 menu and set the image to GREYSCALE it becomes editable but informs me that...
Views: 517   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 28, 2007 8:23pm
by Gerrie C.
r
Ronald
Resizing a 8 bit 256 Rgba image whit alpha whit out lose alpha help
Hi Im making gauges whit some reflection map and i whant to resize a 8/256 Rgba color image whit alpha channel whit out losing my alpha chanel what programme i need for that i have paint shop pro but they not able to save image in 8/25...
Views: 474   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 27, 2007 4:39pm
by Martin
s
slako
auto alpha insert from bmp
Thanks for great image tools. One question - is it possible(with any tools) to do the automaticall addition an alpha to batch images from bmp? I know about a manual method with DXTBMP. I need to do same but with batch proccess (because my textures updates many once...
Views: 375   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 24, 2006 6:07pm
by slako
CFS3 SceneDB problem
Hi! Im having a problem with the SceneDB program,I have added airbases to my exsisting install of CFS3.The airbases show up fine,but now for some reason,when i click "Location" in the Quick Combat menue,my game crashes.I have tried to replace the all global layer fil...
Views: 509   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 23, 2006 6:35pm
by Martin
w
wji
Resizing Image
I made a couple of 'complete' and 'incomplete' images for an FSX Mission; only trouble is when they are brought into DSTbmp to convert to 256.BMP or 565.BMP they are squared-up from the requisite 380x232. Howcan I stop this? Thanks for any suggestions. P.S. I don'...
Views: 391   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 21, 2006 8:17pm
by wji
t
Ton
DXTbmp setting
I worked for years with an older version of DXTbmp. In the menu you could exclude MIPS and the result were crisp paintings in MSFS. A few months ago my HD crashed and I lost the older version. I downloaded the latest version, left MIPMAPS unchecked and I expected th...
Views: 508   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 19, 2006 1:10pm
by Ton
Ayuda con fsds V3
Saludos, tengo el fsds V3 y es un estupendo programa, ya termine mi primer avión pero con tantas veces que tuve que hacer o usar el boolean operations, la superficie del avion y de las alas se les ve una sombra negra que no logro quitar, ojala me puedan ayudar.
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 30, 2006 2:30am
by Fernando Rosales...
looking for a mean to create dds files on the fly for screen stickers
Hi I am about to develop a 8pool game freeware, and I would like to create screen stickers with players name on the fly (dds files). Has any of you an idea on how to proceed ? Any help much appreciated Best regards Herve
Views: 453   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2006 10:02am
by herve cadieu
RAF figures
Hi Martin, You once did me the favour of turning your RAF gunner thru 90 degrees so I could put a load of passengers facing each other in a helicopter - well I'm on the scrounge again - have you got a figure lying on his back ? I want to put a cacualty on a strech...
Views: 337   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 5, 2006 9:55am
by Mike Feilden
e
Expat
No access to C Drive
Martin, Terrific program you have developed. One of the PCs I use (you might guess which location ) won't let me install the dll files in the pc's C: drive. I have tried to manually paste the mwgfx.dll in there but it stops me. Machine let's me put anything I w...
Views: 302   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 31, 2006 4:34pm
by Martin
TGAtool2 and Auran Trainz
Hi, I recently found your TGAtool2 for use with Auran Trainz .texture files. My question is; how do you save a .texture file? or is there some tool comming out to do so? peter
Views: 338   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 10, 2006 9:31am
by Martin
b
Brian
Can't send images to the editor
Hi there, I've used dxtbmp in the past with much success and I wanted to use it again but I'm having a problem. I installed the program on my computer and selected PSP7 as my editor. Unfortunately, after I load the image in dxtbmp and click "send to the editor", n...
Views: 319   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 9, 2006 5:34pm
by Brian
direct X error
I have been using this program for some time (DTX.bmp) without problems. However I have downloaded the newer version from the website and now it will not let me use FSDS with any models containing textures without causing an error. If I try to add an existing textu...
Views: 211   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 9, 2006 10:39am
by Martin
M-Files
Hi Martin. Sorry about the cross posting, but do you know anything about editing m-files, you know the long, thin, 8-bit bmps that blend the ground tiles together. Always been a mystery to me. Can't see how they work. If you've any clues I'd really appreciate the...
Views: 224   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 5, 2006 12:21am
by Matthew
g
Grumpy
Converting multiple files
I was referred to DXTBmp in order to convert texture files so my aircraft textures would load faster. I have found the program to be an excellent help. I am able to convert texture files to the DXT3 format individually, but would like to convert multiple files in a...
Views: 259   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 19, 2006 1:18am
by Martin
j
jonjon
dxtbmp - convert dds dxt3 to extended bmp dxt3 without "double-compression"?
hi martin, while working on a scenery project for fs2004, i downloaded the nvidia dds photoshop plugin, as it allows to save directly into dds file format while choosing any dxt compression method. i found that this plugin produces much less degradation/artifacts...
Views: 299   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2006 5:20am
by jonjon
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet