Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Les Lea Riverside park driver

Does anybody remember a driver that raced at riverside park speedway in the 60s named les lea. he drove the M-6 and lost his life in a racing accident at the park.If so could you please post info about him here. Thanks Bobby S.

Re: Les Lea Riverside park driver

His racing name was Les Ley. His real name was Harry Dominick. If you google his name you will find an in depth story link from Long Island Jam that was done by Coastal 181. He didn't like to wear a shoulder harness and that proved to contribute to his demise that night at Riverside.

Re: Re: Les Lea Riverside park driver

I was there that night. I was 12 years old at the time.Im 56 now..They were comming off the 2nd turn and it appered Harry got up on Phil Plumleys [#81] tire and got him up on 2 wheels going down the back stretch. He hit the pit gate on the backstretch and came to rest.When the flag man failed to through out the yellow [Al Parrot] the ambulance made its way through the pits the get to the M-6. I never took my eye off the M-6 in them days. My dad knew Beebe and brought me to the garage and beebe let me sit in the M-6 when i was like 8 years old [I was hooked from that time on]....i read that artical old racer and I just wanted people to know there was a Les Lea out there once upon a time in America...God Bless

The flagman was Al Parent, not Al Parrot.

sorry, i made a mistake

We all make mistakes. Besides you weren't that far off with Al Parrot. That was a long time ago.

Link to the Lew Boyd article

http://www.coastal181.com/nlm-working-April-2005/Tearoffs/tearoffs-0-9-1-08.htm