Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Modified Crash 1990

The Fire was horrible! I was in the pits on the back stretch with a perfect view of the incident. Eddie D'hondt in the #9 (Ben Dodge's car?), Wade Cole #33, Brad Hietala 54(?) and another car, which as I can't recall were in a pile one the front stretch. Stan Greger was in our car that just barely was at the tail end of the mess. Everything settled down for a second until one of the cars tried to restart and then it just erupted in flames. Wade was trapped in his car so Brad Hietala went in to the fire to pull him out. The Flame were so bad he had to pull back for a second, then I remember Brad lowering the visor on his helmet and go back into the flames and got Wade out. Truly the most heroic thing I have ever seen.

Re: Re: Modified Crash 1990

Thank you so very much Captain History. You are truely a historian of motor sports!!!
Thank you so very much for refreshing my memory!!!

Re: Re: Re: Modified Crash 1990

I remember seeing this on the weekly racing show on Nesn back in the day. I would also check with Kenny at KGM video I am sure he has it.