Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: if i owned a race track this is what i would do

Remember when the drivers promoted the sport. Just there names alone was something the average fan liked to here..The Bug Man, Flyin Brian Ross, Money Bags Moe, Wild Bill, The Eastern Bandits...Little things like this worked and fans liked it...Id like to see the winner of a race just simply take the checker flag and do the victory lap with the flag hanging out the window..Racing got so high teck, sometime it just gets boring....time to look at what worked and get back to basics....I still love this sport and always will...

Re: Re: if i owned a race track this is what i would do

NY's Lancaster Raceway Park returned with those victory lap flag photographs just last weekend which are available for the public.
We also had a Polish victory lap (ala Alan Kulwicki) earlier this year at Lancaster that's a wonderful 8x10 picture in my office.

Re: Re: Re: if i owned a race track this is what i would do

Thats great to see..We all watched Terry Labonte do it not long ago....Maybe some of the newer fans dont relate to it, and thats ok to. But some of us have suppored racing for many many years now and i feel the sport should not forget us for that.. Also I feel very strongly about keeping our old time drivers in the loop with the fans, after all they did build the sport that we love. Let me add to that and include race teams,car owners,crew chiefs etc.. I started this (If i owned a race track) not to speak out of anger, but to give fans a voice, so maybe to improve on the sport...I love the local racers and want to see it grow more popular than ever...So with that i hope more people speak out...Respectfully Bobby S.

I travel a lot for my job and have had a chance to visit a lot of local tracks.I can't remember what one it was but when the parent bought an adult ticket and the kids ticket the parent got a ticket for each kid that was good for a cheeseburger or hot dog,small french fries and a small soft drink. I think that the kids ticket was 3 bucks and the adult was 10-12 bucks.the several trips that I went to the track the stands were always full.If I owned a track this is one of the first things that I would do.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Lets look at the food prices to start with, Maybe if they lowered the prices some they would sell more food and make more money on volume,And maybe more dads could afford to bring there kids to the races again like mine did....Announcers,You guys are supposed to get our hearts pumping. I remember some time ago at Stafford speedway during the parade lap the announcers would say,THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT- THESE ARE THE MEN THAT LIVE BY THE GRACE OF GOD... AS THEY CHECK THE GUAGES OVER ONE LAST TIME ETC. ETC. we would get more excited sometime that the actual race....And how about the pour guys paying more than we do at the back gate, isn"t it costly enough just to enter a car, do you fans know them guys pay there oun purse in most cases..Id like to see other race fans add to this post with there oun ideas. Maybe some promoters will read this and wake up..Lets see if we can rattle there cage

Re: Re: if i owned a race track this is what i would do

I think thats a great idea..As most people work hard for there money and after bills are paid sometime dosn"t leave much left over..As we all know when we take the kids to the races,they want to get that cheeseburger,and why not...Track owners need to understand that greed isn"t the answer..With an idea like you just shared with us is an investment to the track owner..This keeps the family coming to the races together, PLUS when the kids get older they will want to keep going to the races as many of us older guys do..Im 54 years old now and when i go to a race it sometimes brings me back to the day I shared with my dad growing up...Great to hear from ya

Amen, to that Bob. I've said the same thing for years. It's good to hear others that see what's going on at most tracks around the country.
Thanks,and Good Luck. Budd