Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vintage Modifieds used in 70's in NE, SD, WY

Back in the late 60's and in the 70's, my father and friends raced modified stock cars in NE, SD, and WY. Dad ran a business called Seger Oil Co., Inc out of O'Neill and Gordon, Nebraska and they always advertised on the stock cars. Old body styles of the 30's and 40's. I remember we had a #32, #42, #76, and a #2 that we called the deuce..with a plum on the back, cuz the car was painted plum color. Anyway, many years ago, my father was approached by a couple guys that claimed they found a few of our old stock cars, and were members of a vintage racing club, and they were looking for photos of the cars when they raced, so these two guys could repaint them as they use to be. Dad never heard anything more from them. If anyone knows something about where they might have ended up, or if they are racing again, I would be very grateful to hear, so I could contact them about our old vintage modified racers. Thanks.