Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vintage Modified Racing Association in Washington State

We run 1948 and older bodies on steet stock or late model chassis.
Check us out at Vintage Modified Racing Association.
My name is Ken Jackson and I own and drive the #18 Vin Mod.
It is a 1948 Chevy 4 door sedan .The car was passed on to me by #26 John Mustrad if I would put it together and run it this year.It took me all I had to do it because every week and weekend this winter it rained and rained.John found this body at Charlie Merritts Salvage Yard, and we cut it off on a saturday. I brought it home and started cutting and welding and fitting it on the chassis.
My wife told me to use the $ from a car I had traded for and did some work on and sold for the race car and I sold stuff I had laying around at the flea market and a few mechanicing jobs on the side.
We also got 3 cash and parts sponsors.

At The Beach Family Vacation Rentals Ocean Shores Wa. Thanks Rick

East Hill Auto Parts Kent Wa. Thanks Shorty

Family Chiropractic Clinics Kent, Wa..Bellvue Wa., Tacoma, Wa., and Mountlake Terrace, Wa.
Thanks Dr. Leo Romero and Staff.

Associate Sponsors Are:

Sunbelt Rentals Kent, Wa
Stickerboyzz.com
Kim Portera Accounting
Kens Auto and Brake / Power By Hondo Engines
Walts Radiator and Muffler, Burien, Wa. Thanks Brian
And a special thanks to all the VMRA Club members that let me have extra and spare parts to put the #18 car together and get it on the track.

The season started out lookin really positive.
The first race we showed up at south Sound Speedway in Tenino, Wa.and of course living in the Pacific Northwest it was trying to rain.
We got unloaded and Bert showed up with the numbers and he and my wife put then on so I could go and test a few laps.
Please note that we were supposed to leave on May !st at noon for the track. I finished this car at 11:45 and got a shower and we left at 12:15.Talk about cutting it close.
I got the car unloaded and broke in the cam at the track.
We set the ride hieght and headed out to the track and ran some laps and she felt so good. Came in checked her over and went out for a few more laps.
Come Qualifying time all but the last 4 cars in line got to qualify but it started raining again and they cancelled the night.
April15th was a washout and didnt even leave the house.
April29th we got into the track and didnt even get unloaded.
Next race is may 22 in Port Angeles Wa. Pray for no rain

Watch for more updates on our website.
Ken Jackson
Vin Mod 18