Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Illustrated Dirt History Book

I am co-authoring and illustrating a book about some good ol' boys that raced on the red clay at Sumter Speedway, in my home town of Sumter, South Carolina from 1957 through 1977. This book isn't just for Sumter people, but for anyone that went to, and enjoyed watching the cars of the olden days. I've painted Coupes and Coaches, Ford Tudors and Falcons, '55-'57 Bel Aires, Chevelles and Novas. I've painted thrills, spills, burning cars, and soaring over the embankment cars. Some of my work can be seen here: http://groups.msn.com/RebelRaceway

The Late, Great Ralph Earnhardt came to Sumter a few times with sons' Dale, Randy and Danny, and blistered the home field by half a lap to take the first prize money of $119.00. My own uncle was in that race, and finished 11th, grabbing a whole $3.00 that night.

Our book will be out in the Summer of 2006. Please get a copy and support racing the way it used to be.

Re: Illustrated Dirt History Book

Mark,
That sounds great! Will there be any photos in the book? Is Dargan Watts involved with the project? I have a few old Rock Raines, Homer Galloway, and Perk Perkison photos given to me by Perk you can use if you like.

Can the book be pre ordered ? If so how?

Jack
jack98@highstream.net
www.raceplace.zoomshare.com