Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gary Balough fotos and info

Does anybody have race day fotos (8x10 color) of the 112 "Batmobile" that Balough dominated the field with at Syracuse in 1980??

Race day fotos had sponsor decals (TRW, WINTERS and ???) on outside side panel right behind front wheel practice/qualifiying day fotos had none.

Any info on his current status as driver/car builder??? I heard he had more legal problems 1~2 years ago or so but haven't been able to find out the real story.

Re: Gary Balough fotos and info

Heard he was recently sentenced.
Will be in his 70's before he's eligible for release.

Re: Re: Gary Balough fotos and info

Found out from the Federal Prison database taht Gary is incarcerated as follows:

Gary Balough
#10605-016
FPC Pensacola
Federal Prison Camp
110 Raby St
Pensacola, FLA 32509

IT is a minimum security prison and he's scheduled for release in 2010. He was born in 1947.

Re: Re: Re: Unfortunately....

....at 63 (I was off by a few years) he'll be young enough to get right back into the 'swing' and get busted again. Hate to say that but there's an obvious pattern.

Re: Gary Balough fotos and info

Hey, I just picked up a photo of the Bat Mobile two weeks ago while at the ACT race at Airborne Park,Plattsburg NY. The pic is a 4x6,could have it blown up to an 8x10.Call or send me an e-mail.
Cho Lee 802-476-6378 eves after 9 or e-mail me:
cmod51@aol.com (home)
clee@northernpower.com(work)
802-661-0382 ext 205