Return to Website

Message Board

Discuss Anything Related to Auto Racing. Click on Banner at Left to Return to Vintage Modifieds Web Site

Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NASCAR'S MODIFIED TOP TEN

Whoever composed this list of absurdity obviuosly did not have even a mediocre knowledge of the division.How can one ignore the likes of Ed Flemke,Red Foote,Charlie J or even a guy from Florida-Alabama named Bobby Allsion who won a mod tit;e or so.Just because a driver won the mod championship doesn't automatically mean he is top ten material. Jerry Cook,a consumate point chaser showed up at the races and reflects NASCAR'S idea of steady mediocrity to win championships.On his best days, Cook was no where the caliber of driver that his arch Rival Richie Evans was. What about a guy named Dutch Hoag who ran NASCAR in his early career and won the holy grail of modifieds (The Race of Champions) five times 3 on dirt, 2 on asphalt) ?Boy is NASCAR out to lunch on this one!What about the sportsman drivers?Ie Rene Charland and Bill Slater.Although points were separate-the two divisions ran together on many nights-until the divisions were merged.Oh well

Re: NASCAR'S MODIFIED TOP TEN

Im not putting you down bruce..but my god dude...calm down...no everyone is filled with endless knowlage of every living racing legend..im sure theres lots of guys you've never heard of...i know ...well ok i THINK i know everything about surf bands from the 60's..and football...but i would never claim to know everyone and everything....take a pill man....where all just people...we are not knowlage machines

Dutch Hoag may top the list of Drivers in my book. I would not sell Jerry Cook so short. He did not win alot but always ran near the front

Mine might not be top 10,but still favorites from my childhood.Fred Schultz,Bobby Sprauge,Rich Evans,Bugs Stevens,Leo Cleary,The Pendergast boys,George Summers, little later ones,Jimmy Spencer,Geoff Bodine,Bob and Steve Park,and always a favorite of mine, Lenny Bollers old blue.From Norwood to Seekonk it was a great time for modified racing!