Return to Website

The Mike Love Fan Club

Welcome to The Mike Love Fan Club Message Board! The Mike Love Fan Club reserves the right to delete offensive posts.

The Mike Love Fan Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: David Marks Interview

Thats nice to hear what David Marks said, I dont buy into any of the nonsense thats written about Mike as getting things in context is what we should do and the Beach Boys have had a very rough ride over the years and Mike it seems was the only sensible one after they matured and Al as well. Drugs are so destructive he had to deal with the fallout of that. I say well done Mike xx

What are you listening to right now? Pet Sounds

It was refreshing to hear David speak well of Mike. I was happy to hear that Mike kept in touch with David over the years and continued their friendship. It's tiring hearing Al whine about Mike breaking up with the reunion tour, when Al broke up with Mike and the Beach Boys following Carl's death. I have been in the audience in at least one Beach Boys concert every year since they began and I can't say how grateful I am to Mike for keeping the band alive for 51 years. I appreciate the kind words David had to say about Mike in this interview.

It's interesting when a little story appears here.....I was living in Hawaii way back in the 60's and just missed the Beach Boys when they came for a concert.......I worked in the Ilikai Hotel and know the balconies well! Thank goodness Dave didn't injure himself from a hotel fall......Many angry things are said about Mike now a days as many BB followers are angered at the split...and are acting like children......my wish has always been that the BB's play together again, but I see at their ages, that personalities have gotten in the way of the harmonies.......and I am so glad I have seen them " up close " over the past couple of years in the New England areas......all were gentlemen!

What are you listening to right now? Darlin' by Carl Wilson

I consider myself blessed to have seen the guys on the 50th reunion tour. I've been to their concerts for the past 40 years and they always give a great performance. I especially was glad to see David in concert as I've never been able to see him before.This interview with David is refreshing in that it doesn't bash Mike that is so popular today. In my opinion, Mike was always the showman of the group and had a distinctive sound that blended well with the Wilsons and Jardine.Mike had to deal with Brian's eccentricities as well as other internal strifes that plagued the group.I know it's not nice to speak ill of the dead but, Dennis was a mess through most of the group's history and he was rather unstable.Then, drugs and alcohol infested some of the members and Mike was pretty well the stabilizing force with Carl the "peacemaker".My wife and I just went to a Mike Love / Bruce Johnston concert a few weeks ago and she had never seen a Beach Boy concert. She thoroughly enjoyed their concert and said that the harmonies were excellent and I told her that that was their tardemark sound.Mike like Brian has surrounded both he and Bruce with top notch performers. I especially enjoy John Cowsill's singing and drumming and had an opportunity to briefly speak with him.Also, Mike's son , Christian, is an excellent singer.All in all, the music is what will survive us all and sometime in the future no one will even give a thought to the undeserved negativity bestowed upon Mike.

What are you listening to right now? Tears In The Morning

Hi All!

This is my second reply to another reply after receiving another Bravenet email notice about replies.I'm glad that all of the replies about the David Marks interview have been positive.

What are you listening to right now? A Putumayo World Christmas-great year 'round calypso music!

Nice to read positive things about Mike. Nice words from Dave.

What are you listening to right now? Surfin' USA