Return to Website

The Mike Love Fan Club

Welcome to The Mike Love Fan Club Message Board! The Mike Love Fan Club reserves the right to delete offensive posts.

The Mike Love Fan Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My "Kokomo" dilemna...

Well, it has been a year and no response from Ms.Ferrelli and Mr. Love.
Our temple will be celebrating our 50th Obon festival on July 25 and 26. The good news? Michael Paulo, super jazz saxophonist, will perform at our festival on Sunday, the 26th at 3 p.m. He will be performing with the wonderful kotoist, June Kuramoto and keyboard phenom, Kimo Cornwell...both from the talented jazz group, "Hiroshima"!
Thank you to all who responded to my dilemna. We will NOT be dancing to "Kokomo" for fear of being sued by Mr. Mike Love. However, we will be dancing to 15 other songs. : )
Everyone is welcome to our celebration...lots of food, entertainment, bingo, produce market, "bargain" store and much more! Admission is free, so come on out and enjoy! Our temple is located on 505 East Third St. Los Angeles, 90013.
Have a great year and be safe!
...Elaine...GO BRUINS, DODGERS and LAKERS DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )

Re: My "Kokomo" dilemna...

Unless you are using Kokomo for "for profit" or for commercial purposes, any song can be played publically since it is part of the public domain and no copyright infringement can be alleged. Let your House of the Lord rock on with the Beach Boys music. Remember...make a joyful noise unto the Lord!

Re: My "Kokomo" dilemna...

Dear Jay,
Thank you for your informative and POSITIVE response! You have made my day! However, due to rehearsals ending next week, I will suggest that we put "Kokomo" back into the federation dance program next year! Thank you and have a great year, Jay!
...Elaine...an appreciative temple member! : )