Return to Website

The Mike Love Fan Club

Welcome to The Mike Love Fan Club Message Board! The Mike Love Fan Club reserves the right to delete offensive posts.

The Mike Love Fan Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reborn

I couldn't believe it when I read Mark's message,it could have been written by myself.Although 20 years his senior, my situation is similiar. Mike and Bruce with their talented band came to the UK in 2004,which included Glasgow.It was there that I heard their great music for the first time, and became an ardent fan ever since.I knew then that it was the best show I was ever at. Hooked on the BBs music I could not wait for a return visit, which was in Edinburgh last May. Another great show. Like Mark I did not know why I hadn't listened to, or was familiar with their songs and music, especially as I was in my 20s in the 60s.I have collected all the BBs vinyl LPs and DVDs, which also include Brian's concerts. I don't know but maybe the hits of the BBs were not on the air waves as frequently here in the UK as were the other groups and solo artists,(and there were many) at the time. I do remember however the tune of California Girls being used for a TV advert for a Scottish airline, Caledonian Airways in the 1970s. Referring to their female flight attendents,resplendent in their tartan uniforms, the tune was "I wish they all could be CALEDONIAN girls"

What are you listening to right now? Fun Fun Fun