Return to Website

The Mike Love Fan Club

Welcome to The Mike Love Fan Club Message Board! The Mike Love Fan Club reserves the right to delete offensive posts.

The Mike Love Fan Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christian Love Compared to Carl Wilson

There is a new feature article with a short interview on Christian Love up now at www.feelingthevibe.com/ChristianLoveComparison.shtml or you can also find it as the first story at www.feelingthevibe.com. Christian talks about his reactions to the idea that his voice resembles Carl Wilson's, his memories of Carl, plus what he thinks of the new Beach Boys band's direction.

Enjoy!

Re: Christian Love Compared to Carl Wilson

Sorry there was only one Carl Wilson nobody will ever have a voice even close to his. He was the best.

Re: Re: Christian Love Compared to Carl Wilson

I can't really argue with that. But Christian's voice DOES have a very slight resemblance to Carl's.

He has a very soft and tuneful voice which I love.
And he is an extremely pleasant and polite person too.

What are you listening to right now? Holy Man - Taylor Hawkins

Re: Re: Christian Love Compared to Carl Wilson

When I heard Christian singing his part in God Only Knows in the UK recently it brought Carl straight into my mind and a tear to my eye. I would also say of the same concert that Good Vibrations with Christian taking the lead was one of the best versions vocally (and musically actually)that I have heard at any Beach Boys concert.

Re: Re: Re: Christian Love Compared to Carl Wilson

Can he play the guitar like Carl?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Christian Love Compared to Carl Wilson

Does he have to? Scott Totten and David Marks sounded pretty good to me in April. I'm not comparing them to Carl at all. There seems to be a whole new generation of young fans who want to hear the music live and I don't think they were disappointed by what they heard, certainly didn't sound it. As for Christian he did a good job and I think he should be left to be his own man.Credit where credit is due.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Christian Love Compared to Carl Wilson

They are nothing more than a tribute band. I seen them a few years ago and Mikes voice is going and to see someone other than Carl, Brian, and Al singing Beach Boys songs just doesn't cut it. The younger generation doesn't know any better. They play fairs to a few hundred people. The Best Beach Boys Concert I ever seen was one when Mike fell ill and Brian and Al sang lead. I just do not need to hear someone else attempt to sing Carls signature song.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Christian Love Compared to Carl Wilson

After Dennis died, and brian left, I never bothered about the Beach Boys in person again. It's just like the Platters or Little Anthony or someone like that. You get fill ins and it is not the same.. I am curious about Christian Love? What does he look like? WHere can I find a photo of him? I have heard one of his songs and he sounds allright. Help me out. Thanx.

What are you listening to right now? The train going by my highrise