Return to Website

The Mike Love Fan Club

Welcome to The Mike Love Fan Club Message Board! The Mike Love Fan Club reserves the right to delete offensive posts.

The Mike Love Fan Club
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retirement?

Before I get all the haters, I mean this in a sincere way. I LOVE Mike and the BB's would have broken up in early 70's except for his drive to keep it going. I have been to dozens of concerts since the 70's and I went to a recent one.
MIKE ... I love ya dude and I will always buy any new release, etc, but it may be time to call it a day. Your voice is going and your body is breaking down based on how you move these days. I would love if you retired from the road, do a solo album or tow and write a great book. After all, you are the only one that was there from day one and RARELY took a day off in these many years.
Maybe I am not the one to day, but you are killing yourself with this schedule. Slow down and reap the rewards of your career of hard work.
Thanks
Ron.... a big fan!!

What are you listening to right now? Catch a Wave 1980 DC off you tube

Re: Retirement?

sorry for spelling errors

What are you listening to right now? Catch a Wave 1980 DC off you tube

Re: Re: Retirement?

It wasn't just Mike in the early '70's that kept the band rolling. Dennis started to come into his own musically and it was Carls driving force after Dennis' dwath that kept the wave going. Mike and Bruce should have retired after Carls death or at least put a shout out to Brian and Al and settle all issues once and for all and then went from there!

Re: Re: Re: Retirement?

I am not saying that ALL the guys did not contribute.... but that was years ago....Brian, AL and Mike need to stop the tours and enjoy their fortunes. Let them create in the studio if they wish, but why keep going on and playing to small croeds?

What are you listening to right now? news...

Retirement may not be far away isn't Mike 66 years old I mean he would look really silly dancing around on stage in a hawaiian shirt at 72 years old singing Kokomo

To those of you who posted the "Retirement" messages, how old were you in the late 60's early 70's. Today, people Mike's age do not retire.

Beach Boy music means so much to so many people, especially me.

I do agree 100% that Brian, Al and Mike should put their differences aside, get together and tour again.

I've been to Mike and Bruce's concerts, Brian's and Al's and all I wished for was that all three could be there together.

Bad enough that Carl and Dennis are no longer here.

Please Mike, from someone who really cares, "Get together again"

What are you listening to right now? WFUV-FM

Mr. Love ´dancing´ around in a Hawaian shirt being 70? Just wait and see....

Brian Wilson playing to small crowds? Probably you haven´t heard of the many sellout gigs the man´s been playing recently. And creating new wonderful music, not just relying on his glorious past. As Dennis once put it: "Brian Wilson IS the Beach Boys. We´re only his messengers".

Brian's europe summer tour were a disaster, not many people.

Beach Boys need to reunite, play only at the big arenas, and practice!!! The rolling Stones look and sound great, the Beach Boys can as well!!! No need to retire, just sound and look good!!!!

What are you listening to right now? post card from california

Ron,
How can you say that about MIKE LOVE. He did not lose his voice he sounds as good as he did back in the 60s. And his body is not breaking down. Oh no trust me i have been very close to him and all i can say is OH MY GOD. You say you are a fan i believe you are so please don't put hime down like that. I talk ed to him just two days ago and he sdaid he is not retireing and time soon. LONG LIVE THE BEACH BOYS. And Keep it going Mike.

His voice sounds as good as it did in the 60's. I think you need to get your hearing checked

Re: Re: Re: Re: Retirement?

Dennis was absolutely correct when he said that just leave to us drummers to come up with something like that

Sorry, but I am with Jeremy on this one.

Beach Bunny -
I AM a fan of Mike. I have met him, but at least 20 years ago. I also saw on on HGTV or something where he was talking of his history of back troubles. I am just saying if you are very wealthy and you will not get back on top again, take a load off.....enjoy ... write a book...do the talk show circuit...

What are you listening to right now? talk radio

NEVER.

Mike is ok and don't need to retire now. and never.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Retirement?

Mike and Bruce need to stop, or at least give up the name "The Beach Boys". They should just admit the truth, and call themselves "The Beach Boys Tribute Band Featuring Mike Love", or something of that nature. Brian and Al need to keep going, though. Brian is in the middle of a career renaissance and would be foolish to stop right now, and Al puts on the best live show out of all the surviving Beach Boys.

oops, he DOESN'T.

If you guys want to side with jermey go right ahead. It just proves how old you guys are. You are the one with hearing loss problems not us young ones.

You are right. Mike needs to stop flogging a dead horse and retire.

What are you listening to right now? Not a thing