Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What's the lastest on Challenger OP?

Mark - That's about what I had heard?

Hope you are keeping busy. Its supposed to be spring now.

The status on challenger is he did bring in 2 new partners and as of today they are in the process of getting a new office and they are going to revamp company and start giving us our good service back,,I have been talking to brooke on this matter for the last few months so i think they are going to get stronger and offer better service and products..Also just a note i ordered the new challenger base for my old one and really like the new design of it and going to order another one for my other machine..Have a great EASTER eveyrone

That's good news! I LOVE this 15" machine, and its been running great for 8 years.

same here Brian 8 years as well. i just powder coated her, i'll post pictures on another thread.

MICHAEL SULLIVAN
Also just a note i ordered the new challenger base for my old one and really like the new design of it and going to order another one for my other machine..Have a great EASTER eveyrone

Michael what are the benefits of this new base? is it easy or difficult to put it on yourself?

Hey Derek,

Yes I did see the pictures of your yellow powder coated challenger and I think it looks great! Your company really looks good now that most of your main machines and van colors all match.

Seriously, this machine has been the best and I use it for mostly residential and it always does a quality job. I will use it on commercial if I need to follow up on some traffic lanes behind the Cimex. I just might get some powder coating done, but I do like the original green too.

Again, nice job on the paint job.

Brian

ps. What pads are you using for residential? I have been using the thin one synthetic bonnets and cotton pads for when I need more absorption. Have you ever used the thin one synthetic bonnets with the green strips?

Hey,Derek the base is easier to carry and also has a much better fork that won't weir out as easy.. and base was very easy to me took me 30 min but everyone is different..

Brian
Hey Derek,

Yes I did see the pictures of your yellow powder coated challenger and I think it looks great! Your company really looks good now that most of your main machines and van colors all match.

Seriously, this machine has been the best and I use it for mostly residential and it always does a quality job. I will use it on commercial if I need to follow up on some traffic lanes behind the Cimex. I just might get some powder coating done, but I do like the original green too.

Again, nice job on the paint job.

Brian

ps. What pads are you using for residential? I have been using the thin one synthetic bonnets and cotton pads for when I need more absorption. Have you ever used the thin one synthetic bonnets with the green strips?

Hi Brian, thanks! green is my fav color so i am partial to that as well

i used 19" Gladiator pads, which are a cotton blend similar some say to the superzorbs.

i have tried Tuway Thinones and the green striped but i feel the Glad's hold more soil and clean better. i stopped using 100% cotton, too aggressive for me and was tip blooming some.

for Cimex i only use Tuway BBC's which are the more aggressive brown striped pads.

Hey Derek,

Thanks for the info on the Gladiators. I have been using cotton, but ALWAYS with a glider. I do use the thin one bonnets and they seem to work really good. I hear that the Blue Microfibers really get chewed up, I wonder how the Microfibers with the grey scrub strips work??? Maybe they're more durable than the blue ones. Oh well....as long as it works for you and the customer right?

Happy cleaning!

Brian

Hello:
I am new to this board, but have owned two Challenger OP machines for over 12 years now. I now have a problem with the newest of them. The plastic round holder where the wooden (round) pad holder attaches has broken and the machine can't operate of course. I need to get a new one and don't know who does parts service? I am told that Mark doesn't do that.
Anyone know where I can get this part? Thank you so much for your help.
Ron Stonis

Hello. I would call Brooke with challenger should be no problem getting parts.

Michael: I don't have a phone number for Brooks. Can you supply one?

Ron Stonis (in the cleaning business for 14 years)

Here is the number for brooke. 903-343-5509

Michael: Thanks for the tel number. I got in touch with Brooks and he is sending me the part that I need.

Ron Stonis

You can still get your beloved Challenger OP at challengerop.com