Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lots of pads.

Sounds like a lot of soil for carpets that are only 1.5 years old. But, yes, there are jobs like this every now and then. There can be a nearly infinite amount of soil in a carpet. With OP cleaning, you can achieve increasingly lower levels of soil on each pad, and I suppose if you could devote endless hours to working on the job, eventually your pads (if you had any left!) might look only faintly gray. With a wet method such as hot water extraction, you could work endlessly and watch the level of soil in the extracted water eventually look close to clean, but in the process you would have totally soaked the carpet through & through.
The only method with which you can be sure you are removing all of the soil without (A) working endlessly, or (B) soaking the carpet, is when you send an area rug out to a cleaning plant. And since you cannot do this with W2W carpeting, your results will of necessity be something of a compromise between the theoretically achieveable and the practically achieveable. You can let your customer be your guide. When you think you have put in a reasonable level of time and effort, ask the customer what he or she thinks of the results. I am betting they will say "That looks great" and you can get ready to move on to the next room.

Re: lots of pads.

Thanks Mark,
They are away for the weekend except for my father in-law who lives there. But he couldn't care less what the carpets look like. Since I more or less had the house to myself I had noone to ask what they thought.